I got some Head............work done

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do. I just ordered new exhaust studs and nuts, and new rocker arm adjustment screws and bolts. Gotta have new parts in a head that puurrttyy.

Kinda wish I would of gotten a new cam bearing now just to play it safe.....

The exhaust stud that is still in there looks ok. I wouldn't try to remove it at this point. I had to drill the other one out the whole depth and chip out the pieces. I didn't like the look of the threads so I put a helicoil in there.

Is it normal that i just got a chub? That is one sexy head. Nice job Midway. I Have a feeling your about to get some business. haha

Worked on the pricing over the weekend. Unfortunately the flow bench time is a rental deal with my co-worker on any future work and he set the price so I have no control over that one. Some of the other work is controlled by pricing at work. Porting I do at home so that is the only price I can control. Anyway here it is:

Pricing

How about replacing the valve guides ? I have a couple heads with broken or bad guides.

FYI, I had the local shop quote me a while back and for all this stuff, It was around $600 from them. And I highly doubt they would have kept me as informed throughout the whole process as Midway did.

How about replacing the valve guides ? I have a couple heads with broken or bad guides.
I could do the guides for around $10 each labor. Truthfully you could R&R the guides easily. The problem is the seats have to be cut afterwards because the guides are never concentric with the seat after the new guide is installed.

Back