htrods 379 vs cwr 400 vs hicomp 366cc

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venom

Reaction score
Im considering doing one of the three. What is the best bet power vs dollar ? Pros and cons of each one.
I know that are some strockers around, 366cc but never seen a cwr 400 kit in this forum.
It would be great if you guys could give your experience and opinion to help all of us to make a more educated choice.
thanks!

If I remember correct the 400 kit is a hi compression setup so the displacement alone will supersede the 366. The best setup that I can think of is this.....+4 hotrods crank, a spacer from Cometic to raise the jug, then use a 366 12.1:1 piston. You'll get some decent torque, a variety of piston options b/c you won't have to use a Stroker piston and it's affordable. The 400 kit requires case boring and you'll have to get Greg to order a replacement piston. The 400 will also run a bit hotter. It actually would prolly make the must power but at the cost of convenience. The 366 will make good power and ours the cheapest so if you're on a budget it's your best bet.

The case boring for the 400 car kit is 50 bucks and piston and gasket kit is 325. It is cheaper than the stroker kit

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
check out my vids on YouTube
-Atv Mayhem

Ok, so let me do the math...
stroker crank ----329
je piston --------206
jug bore --------50
spacer plate......????
cam timing gear(cwr) 65 +shipping
total 650 + cometic plate
cwr kit
kit ---370+shipping
jug bore --50
sleeve fitting -100
case machining 50
total 570
standart hicomp 366cc
je piston 10.5:1 ---190
gaskets 50
jug bore 50
total 290

And i still need to do the oil cooler mod, buy a cam and some port and polish(maybe DIY)....
All the work will be done by me.
The big question is, will the first two mods worth it ? i mean will i feel that i have a diferent motor ? How many hp ? 30 35?

Already sent him an email,about shiping costs, if the total price is right then ill start asking questions about hp.

Could you do the stroker then get a spacer plate and the 400 kit?

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
-Atv Mayhem

That would be hard to beat the gains off that. Where would I get a spacer plate? And what would the total cc?

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
-Atv Mayhem

He is a troll. He has posted threads before

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
-Atv Mayhem

Shut up asshole im not a troll i really dont know how to post , i posted one time when i first joined because it showed me how but now i cant find it anywhere so if someone can give me a descriptive help on where to go and what to click it would be appriciated

Don't call me an asshole. If you really wanted to know you could pm someone and stop jacking people's threads

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
-Atv Mayhem

You can get the stroker crank for 275 from an ebay seller. That is where I got mine from. The piston w/gaskets from JE is pricey. But, you are probably better off getting the piston w/o gaskets. That will save quite a few bucks. Then, you just need to get a new head gasket from Cometic when you get the spacer gaskets. I have talked to Jasonp about this setup, he has done it, and is the guy to talk to about it. I believe he needed to add .093" in spacer gaskets to raise the jug to acheive zero deck height on the piston. Also, if you use the 85mm piston, you end up with 388cc. I love my stroker, very pleased with it.

If you decided to do the CWR 400 kit w/the stroker crank you will get 424cc. Do the over bore for the 400 kit, and you get a 433cc. You will still need a spacer to get the deck hieght correct.

well back on topic... I m going to register in CWR site and post in their forum. Will post the awnsers that i get there, but gona tell you something, its expensive... i ve already spent 1000 euros on it just to get it running good. Ant it cost me 1500 for the bike in shity condition...I will only purchase it if its night and day diference..if not then 366cc and HC stg1 and stop spending money and start riding it more :)

Port flow, intake, and exhaust is the key to these motors. Im running a 11.6:1 348cc setup. Thing halls ass. Port work, the intake and exhaust is the big key. Along with cam selection. Displacement isn't the answer if you cant get any flow out if it.

Back