How much snow?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
How much snow did everybody else get? Cleared about 4 inches of snow off my parents' driveway last night, woke up this morning to 2 more feet here in southern PA. As of yet the road still isn't clear, and not a single truck has passed since about 11 last night. I don't think i'll be riding the Raptor today, the snow being as high as the top of the bumper is an issue...

8-12 inches my ass...

they called for 2-5 here in north jersey... got nothing, not even a dusting. Just cloudy skies and wind.

I don't think i'll be driving anywhere today... this pic was from this morning when I started shoveling off the driveway again, and we got another 4 inches since.

snow.JPG

Haha ya your not going anywhere today. lol what kind of car is that?

cant really tell how much out here in ohio but got the truck stuck in it. had the tires smoking getting out but doing that and rocking the truck got it out. at home in PA they got over 2 feet. im ticked, i wish i was at home to play in it.

Tyler said:
Haha ya your not going anywhere today. lol what kind of car is that?

Take a guess (i'll give you a hint, it's not a hummer)

91warrior said:
cant really tell how much out here in ohio but got the truck stuck in it. had the tires smoking getting out but doing that and rocking the truck got it out. at home in PA they got over 2 feet. im ticked, i wish i was at home to play in it.

You're not missing much fun. All i got done today was shoveling out my parents' driveway, snow plow pushes snow back into driveway, repeat twice. Both of my trucks are parked on the other side of the road in the dirt and i still gotta at least get a path big enough for my work truck cleared out before monday and i already feel like I got my ass kicked. Then at some point I need to make it over to my own house and clear my driveway and walkways off. Sure wish i fixed that snowblower before winter... needs the points cleaned and i think I gotta tear the recoil and flywheel off to get to it, if it's like the other old Tecumseh engines i've worked on. I hate taking recoil starters off, never works out for me, always pieces flying everywhere.

What kind of tires you got on that thing that you think you can ride in 18 inches of snow? I have brand new holeshot GNCCs which are about the most aggressive tire out there and 12 inches is about as much as I can go anywhere in, and even with 12 inches i'm standing on the grab bar to get it up any hill.

About the only riding I could do right now is on the road but the quad is still buried in my back yard so i'd have to shovel a 100 foot path to get it out, definitely not happening.

i live on a farm so we have a lot to plow and we have a long lane with dirt roads, so i could only go where its plowed but it would be fun. its amazing how much fun it is taking tractors through deep snow, that is until you get stuck.

Well all i have to say is at least none of you had to work thru it all night. I dont get to enjoy the least bit. Sunoco is a slave driving corporation especially when your a sub-contractor doing work at a refinery.

No parking at 5am on a snowy morning haha

Back