how first gens do we have on here?? (pics)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im bout to get rid of mine already...Its wont start now, Its a bitch to pullstart, sometimes it takes 10 or 15 pulls, today I pulled it over 100 times and still got nothing, I dont have the cash to sink into it at the moment to get a new starter or starter clutch and a battery so the electric start will work, and I damn sure dont feel like messing with this pullstart bs anymore. I really hope I get this thing figured out soon, when it actually starts, I love it, its the getting it started part thats a pain in the rear.

Last edited:
SAM_1430.jpg

Thinkin of goin back to this and getting rid of the black one

do it and suplementing chech the spark plug it could just be fouled

Thats the thing, i changed the plug yesterday, granted, that plug didnt look the best either, i got it from the other motor I have. It might have something to do with it. Also, when I looked at the plug wire, it was disconnected from the plastic cap that goes over the plug, i just slid the wire back into the cap, idk if that has anything to do with it, I might need to get another plug wire in addition to another plug.

just took it out, its black, completely dark black.I wonder what caused it to foul so quick? I dont know, Ill go get a few new plugs tomorrow.

Here it is, my phone didnt wanna focus but you can see pretty good just how bad it is.
1JLZAl.jpg

Last edited:
How do I lean it out? Remember, Im a noob, keep it simple and cut me some slack. It has something to do with the A/F mixture screw i'd assume?

yeah mine after I rebuilt my carb was runin way to rich and would foul a plug in about 20 minutes of riding but since I have went back to 2.5 turns I have had no issues and yeah it's the air fuel mix first. and make sure to clean that plug off and I'm willin to bet she will start right up

Well first you need to pull the carb and see what size jets are in it

Alright, Well tomorrow Ill have to do that, I really dont know how to see what size jets are in it. Maybe someone can tell me or my stepdad might know. Being a noob sucks...

So should I just screw the A/F mixture screw in all the way then screw it 2.5 out and try that? I got a buddy who, (dont ask me how) has boxes and boxes of plugs all different sizes BRAND NEW still in the original boxes, he told me I was welcome to as many as I wanted, I think Ill take him up on that offer tomorrow. I think he got them on a trade or something, I forget. Ill get a few that will fit my quad just in case.

Once you get the carb off just take the bowl off and the main jet will be the brass one between the floats and the pilot jet is down in the small hole to the front of the main jet. ILL TRY to get some pics up a little later for ya

So should I just screw the A/F mixture screw in all the way then screw it 2.5 out and try that? I got a buddy who, (dont ask me how) has boxes and boxes of plugs all different sizes BRAND NEW still in the original boxes, he told me I was welcome to as many as I wanted, I think Ill take him up on that offer tomorrow. I think he got them on a trade or something, I forget. Ill get a few that will fit my quad just in case.

Yes try the air fuel screw first all the way in then 2.5 turns out

Back