how first gens do we have on here?? (pics)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAM_1430.jpg

Thinkin of goin back to this and getting rid of the black one

Dude you sooooooooooo should! This bike has that do NOT **** with me look. It is absolutely badass. I'm in love with it!

Im thinkin bout it bigtime. Them rear tires are insane. It makes it feel like a 4x4 ha. That right there is my al time fav color scheme. If only the 87 frame i got was pc'd black!

Could always get it pc'd. I really like it man. If my trails were wider I'd have already bought your arms and swinger, and mine would look like that. But, I like my bike the way it is. That bike just looks nasty. It is prob the best looking modded 1st gen this site will ever see. Are those tires interco swamplites? I thought that is what you had said in your build thread.

Yeah there the interco swamplites. There the best tire ive had yet. I like the 22" over my razr2 20", more ground clearance is nice

That's why I hate to ditch my 22's. The ground clearance is great for my trails. And you NEED all the clearance you can get at hatfield's rock house! I may try running them with the 14/38 gears on the stroker. See how it does before I buy new tires.

My 87 Warrior
DSC01433.jpg
You need to find a 1st gen hood for it man. :iagree:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be sitting really low in the back end.. And is that a 2nd gen swinger??
It could be why it looks like it's sitting lower? lol

BTW I have those same protaper grips as you have, and I hate them!!
That sticky **** on them gets everywhere.

Last edited:
It is an 87 swing arm. It probably looks low in the rear because of the front shock conversion is lifting the front a bit.

As for a 1st gen hood, I dont think it will fit with the 90-up lights welded onto the frame.

I have had the pro taper grips on 2 of my bikes without any problems of them really coming apart. Maybe you got a bad set.

My 87 Warrior
DSC01433.jpg

Thats one of the cleanest first gens I have ever seen. I cant blame you for using the 2nd gen hood either, I wish I had one, the first gen hood looks ridiculous, in my opinion, its too short for my taste.

Thats one of the cleanest first gens I have ever seen. I cant blame you for using the 2nd gen hood either, I wish I had one, the first gen hood looks ridiculous, in my opinion, its too short for my taste.

Thanks alot. I had built it from a bare frame. Sandblasted it and painted it. It was a fun build. It is a great bike on flat ground and dirt tracks. All though when it comes to rocky rutted trails I ride my Honda 700XX.

If you have the 1st gen headlights then the 1st gen hood looks better than the newer ones. Its when ppl take the headlights off for some reason, they look funny

They are from Diamond J Customs

Here is the best pics I have
This is from when I was building it. It does not even have the new tie rods on it yet in these pics

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

Back