HOLY HELL!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole 'spoiled' things has a lot of arguements to it. I can see how the jealousy comment seems to fit in, but I don't think that's really the case. I have been around numerous people that have had their lives handed to them (I'm sure we've all been around these people). There's a part of me that says, "Wow that must be nice to do (whatever) at any given time simply because Mommy and Daddy will get it for me". However, there's the reality part to that does say in most cases these people never learn to appreciate what they have and usually end up becoming those "brats" that were mentioned earlier.

Also, I realize that knowing I can't have anything at any given time means that I appreciate what I do have. I have worked for what I have.

Being a father, I'd love to provide my son with all of the great things that I didn't have as a child, but I also realize that raising a child in such a manner usually doesn't result in a responsible, mature adolescent. Therefore I choose not "spoil" him, and any temper tantrums that are thrown around, are quickly dismissed and whatever the tantrum was over is out the window.

In short, I have to side with 2extreme on this, but I can see where some of the other opinions on this subject may come from.

Then again, the other opinions could simply be provided by such individuals trying to justify themselves :) haha

"Being a father, I'd love to provide my son with all of the great things that I didn't have as a child, but I also realize that raising a child in such a manner usually doesn't result in a responsible, mature adolescent. Therefore I choose not "spoil" him, and any temper tantrums that are thrown around, are quickly dismissed and whatever the tantrum was over is out the window."

Also a father here with 2 daughters...and it is nice to give and when well deserved..something a little better..my older daughter of 5 has a 50cc quad,and my younger will have one soon enough!,but i would never take it to the limits as spoiling them.I work very hard for what i own as they will to someday!...It makes me feel good when someone with a 660 or a 450 rides up to me and says"Wow"....thats a sweet quad,also saying"what is it?' lol,When you build your own it is much more well deserved,as many of the members here do!!

Those bikes look like they are taken care of very well so unless mommy and daddy are paying for a detail service whoever owns them seems to be taking real good care of them.

'spoiling', as you guys are calling it, does not teach the person responsibility.

Lets say a parent were to continually do this type of thing for their child.

Since the child has nothing invested in the purchase, he has no reason to take care of it, because he has been conditioned to assume that the parent will buy a new (whatever) when it is whooped.
will obvioulsy you still need to teach your kid( dont take it as a swift kick in the shorts ::)).. by wht you just said?
by the way those quads look like they are taken care of quite well........ :) just because thier parents buy them things, expensive things you should hate/ dislike (which ever you prefer) them and they are automatiically bratts? but i also see where you are coming from..... :)

Is this a quad site or a ******* parenting101 meeting??? Who gives a **** if the kid is spoiled and the only reason everyone is bitching is because they werent or couldnt be and had to struggle to get anything ! The quads are sweet and he looks like he can ride so carry on

DAMN!!! Those are some sick ass quads. Damn him for having those.

Nice bikes. I don't care where they came from...lol, they're still awesome. Unless any of you know him personally, you can't really claim he is spoiled.

There is a difference in spoiling kids and giving them a lot. Spoiling is where they pitch a fit and you give in to shut them up. Spankings work well on my kids if they try to pitch a fit...lol. But I like to give them things. No way I'll be able to give em yfz's like those any time soon! But I hope to one day.

Kreed, I agree with you very much on that. They are extremely nice bikes, and hell I'd be proud to own either of them and have them on display as well. I was not intending to critisize the owner of these, as I do not know anything about him - nor his family or anything else. I was simply commenting on regards to "spoiling" in general.

Also, it appears as though he can ride, and believe me - I'm not dissing those pics in the slightest!

pdx, I didn't take your post wrong. I didn't take it like you were calling him spoiled. Just wanted to point out that we (or I anyway) don't even know him personally.

He's obviously a damn good rider and getting better and when ur getting better and being serious about racing you gotta have serious racing machines... so spoiled i would say no... good luck to him

Kreed, it's all good - we are on the same page here man - no offense taken and I didn't feel like you were pointing fingers by any means. I agree that it needed to be stated that I don't (and you and prolly a few others here) don't know him personally and that I wasn't trying to target him. I would hate for him to come to this board and see that we all jumped his **** without merit - cause that was not the intended case by any means.

The point of this thread was obviously to show his bike and what he's got as far as riding skills go. By all means, he's a hell of a lot farther along that I am and more than I will ever be I'm sure, in regards to riding. If he doesn't have some serious sponsors I would be suprised... (yes I realize that sponsors also has to do with personality too and who they want representing their company) but he's got some talent to say the least.

I wouldn't mind it at all if my parents asked me on a weekly or monthly basis what else I wanted for my bike!!!

I wouldn't mind it at all if my parents asked me on a weekly or monthly basis what else I wanted for my bike!!!
good thing they dont.... worriorspeed might hate you.... ::) ::) :p

Back