Help with flat tracking set up??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmao.. It's not my fault. I dunno if it's a first gen thing, or my petcock is fucked up? But if you don't turn it all the way to off, the fuel still flows. (POS)

Anyway I looked into that, and it wouldn't work in my case.. I can't get a lighting coil that produces enuf wattage to get away with it. :tdown:
The biggest one I can get is 100 watts, and that would take some modify'n to make work as is. Even a rewound would only produce about 120 watts max!

Watt? No hway

Watt? No hway
I don't understand what you mean beastly?
Wiring is not my strong point.. But I do know that the stock IT490 30 watt 6 volt lighting coil, will produce 13 volts at 4000rpm. But will not make enuf power to charge a battery..
A Blaster coil makes 55 watts stock, and is 12 volt. A ricky stator blaster lighting coil makes 75. I have found desert systems that make 100. Those would work for high output systems, and charge a battery..

I found a write up on a YZ490 site that claims 120 watts on a rewound stock lighting coil. I could float the ground, and run a 12 volt system off that... I'm just try'n to piece everything together, and figure out what I'm doing?
I don't want to spend a bunch of money on this part....

Jeez tough crowd
Just bugg'n Beastly..
It's all good man.

I'm all giddy right now cause the Hybrid is running like an Olympic champ!
It's blocked in the garage right now by my holiday trailer, but I'm taking it out this weekend come hell or high water!

Last edited:
Back