Help NO SPARK!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There should be 2 connectors, one for the start button another for the lights and kill switch. If not take the control off and pull the switch out make sure the wire aren't touching or shorted to each other.

to start it you will have to touch wires together, I don't know what ones. And if you unplug it will it be on the on or off setting? You may have to jump wires to got it to the on position, but I don't know. here are some switches on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rapt...t=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c25

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...ors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb2a895ff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...ors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e60daeea4

looks like different yrs may have different plugs

ok well i know the older warriors(87and 88 for sure) have Connectors. That middle link looks the same as mine... Mine has 1 big connector with 6 wires going to it.

If thats the case you might nee to take that whole control box apart and look at the switch. If you do and it does start a fair warning those kill switch wires one will be hot.

back, mine has 2 connectors 1 has 4 wires and is quare shaped the other has 3 wires and is triangle shaped, both have to be pluged it to start the quad, I didn't figure out the correct wires to jump but your plug is different anyways

If thats the case you might nee to take that whole control box apart and look at the switch. If you do and it does start a fair warning those kill switch wires one will be hot.

Thats the main thing i thought it was so i did that the box apart and all the wires look good and are not broke off where they r soldered on.

Elwood thats exactly how my 87 was, with 2 connectors. I wanna buy it but im not positive thats what it is... is there a way to check to see if the wires are getting power to them?

You might be able to use a volt meter turn your key on and see if its got power or hit the start button, with the box apart adn wires open did you try to start it and see what it would do? If your brave you can touch the kill switch wires it give a little zap if its good and power in the wire.

You might be able to use a volt meter turn your key on and see if its got power or hit the start button, with the box apart adn wires open did you try to start it and see what it would do? If your brave you can touch the kill switch wires it give a little zap if its good and power in the wire.

Yeah im not about to get shocked hahaha ive had that done 1 to many times. But when i had it apart i didnt try to start it, i just check the contacts and wires inside it.

Elwood When i was looking at it earlier they only switch test it had was for the key switch..

but it tells you where the wires from the plug go, like the red/white goes to the starter relay, black ground, green, yellow, blue lights, brown is main off/on switch, I think thats the key switch

I think brown/white from cdi to ground will turn it to run and red/white to ground will crank it, but I MAY BE WRONG and would hate for you to fry something, thats just what I got from looking at the wiring diagram

Well tomorrow i think im gonna play around with the factory kill switch and see if powers getting to it or what. If i cant find anything ill order that one off flee-bay. Also tomorrow ill try and bump start it and see what happens.

Ok i got the manual to download. I ordered a coil last night today the to do list is to check and test if the factory kill switch is working fine and maybe my pro armor kill switch is bad?? Like elwood said if it was the stator then the battery would have went dead. So that leads me to believe its either the kill switches and/or coil. because my battery is perfectly fine and fully charged even after it stopped running and cranking on it a bit

Nope.... yesterday i tried push starting it with no luck.... maybe that a good thing and its the coil that went bad?

Latest posts

Back