Help NO SPARK!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87warrior917

Reaction score
Here goes. We were riding all day yesterday. The monster handles like a dream and with the front shocks and stabilizer I never want to stop riding it. Well we rode into the night, it was about 11:30 when she decided to just shut off. It acted like the kill switch was flipped to off. I checked and it didnt get moved, It had over half a tank of gas, the fuse was good, but i pulled the plug and nothing. NO SPARK! Needless to say we were about 5 miles from home and my moms boyfriend towed me home with his polaris trail boss:disgust:.

Help me out please, i suck at electrical stuff and im not sure where to start. I even checked the spark with a new plug and still nothing. I just inspected the wiring harness and the grounds and all looks good. Any ideas??

I sent you a text, look that over then let us know if you find anything.

well i looked over the harness more and didnt find any wires that are shorting out or and broken connections... I wish i had someone to help me push start it to see if it would start then...cause if it starts then wouldn't it be the stator that is bad?

And in my clymer manual it shows nothing on how to check the stator with ohms. Does anyone have a link that works for yamahas manual?

to try to push start it you can have someone pull you with a car or truck, anyone can drive for you

If your stator went out, it would have drained your battery and then killed the bike, so check your battery. And with mine I took it to the dealer and only costed mr $15.00 to have the stator and pickup coils tested for ohms and amps.

hmm the manual wont load. yeah the battery tested perfectly fine. It turns over and over but it just has no spark at all.

ok the manual worked. Well how the hell am i gonna get the electrical components up to 60 degrees when its 25 outside haha

Ok i checked the stator charge coil ( the 3 pin plug with white wires) and all the readings were .1 below the specs. the specs are .70-.83 ohms. This is out of my clymer manual and according to that if the readings are less than spec, i need a new stator assembly... Am i making the right tests or not?

Ok i checked the stator charge coil ( the 3 pin plug with white wires) and all the readings were .1 below the specs. the specs are .70-.83 ohms. This is out of my clymer manual and according to that if the readings are less than spec, i need a new stator assembly... Am i making the right tests or not?
I don't know I took mine in but enough peeps on here know, they just need read the thread

ok. I also just checked the Pickup coil. the specs are 459-561 ohms and i got 473 ohms, right on. I then checked the source coil, specs are 270-330 and i tested 276.3, right on.... WTF is wrong with it!!!

Ok i just tested the ignition coil and heres what i got...

Primary- specs(.36-.48) Reading-.5-.6 (it kept going back and forth)

Secondary- specs(5.44-7.36) Reading- 17.48K

Spark plug cap- specs(10K) Reading-10.95K

I take it this is a faulty coil for one? But when these go out will it suddenly stuff off and not refire at all? This came at a bad time to as im getting ready to move into our new house and dont really have extra money... What else can i check??

By pass the kill switch or test it, or wiggle it while your cranking it, If everything tested out fine, but the coil is iffy then I would bet its bad.

My factory kill switch is actually mess up cause it will run in either on or off position. thats why i installed the tether kill switch

Then it could very well be the factory kill switch is the problem, disconnect it and see if it will fire up. Had a friends 250 did this with his kill switch it was bad and would start till we disconnected it.

Oh ok... well if i disconnect it then how will i start it with the button? Thats what it acted like it did was the killswitch was was flipped to off. I do know that there are no shorts in the wires i checked really good for that.

Back