head shaved

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its at a machine shop i told the guy the plan but i told him to do wat he thinks is best i put clay on the piston and put the head on and cranked it over and got impressions on clearances i know once the motor is runnin it will get tighter and he knows this

You dont think im right? Cc a stock head, and check dome volume on a 12:1 85mm je piston. Then plug that into your calculations. Tell me what you get. You already know what I got.

Well dune u think ill be that high thats fine with me but wonder if the head bolts will hold up at that rate

You dont think im right? Cc a stock head, and check dome volume on a 12:1 85mm je piston. Then plug that into your calculations. Tell me what you get. You already know what I got.

You want to post your numbers up? Here is what I'm getting with JE 12:1 piston 85mm, 36cc head, +4 stroke, and .030" deck.

What are you getting for dome volume and head volume?

Jasonswarriorspecs_zps746fc953.png

Last edited:
Were the heck you get 36cc for a head?!? Ive cc'd 1 was ported with kibble valves with their huge dishes, 1 just had kibble valves, the other was stock.

I got 34.3, 33.7 and 30 even on a stock head.

Were did you get a 36cc warrior head?

Were the heck you get 36cc for a head?!? Ive cc'd 1 was ported with kibble valves with their huge dishes, 1 just had kibble valves, the other was stock.

I got 34.3, 33.7 and 30 even on a stock head.

Were did you get a 36cc warrior head?

First dave76 posted that he got 36cc's when he was building his 446fst motor. I then cc'd mine (stock) and got the same results along with sending out to Duncan, loran said that it was also 36cc.

But I'm sure you are right and you have got a better head.

I've never cc'd either of my heads. Had the .015" taken off the last one, and this one was decked some, too. IDK how much because it wasn't written down, and I never asked. But, I'd say between .005" and .010", because it never cut into the exhaust stud bosses. I had measured the deck height with a feeler gauge and came up with .035" from top of piston to top of cylinder. A little too big probably because the cylinder wasn't bolted down, therefore not squished tight. That being said, the actual deck height is most likely around .032"(ish). Then the center head gasket shim was .011" BEFORE I cleaned it. So it is closer to .009"(ish) after removing residue. Add those up you get .041", then subtract say .005" for the head = .036". Been thinking about this a lot, thought I'd share.

I've never cc'd either of my heads. Had the .015" taken off the last one, and this one was decked some, too. IDK how much because it wasn't written down, and I never asked. But, I'd say between .005" and .010", because it never cut into the exhaust stud bosses. I had measured the deck height with a feeler gauge and came up with .035" from top of piston to top of cylinder. A little too big probably because the cylinder wasn't bolted down, therefore not squished tight. That being said, the actual deck height is most likely around .032"(ish). Then the center head gasket shim was .011" BEFORE I cleaned it. So it is closer to .009"(ish) after removing residue. Add those up you get .041", then subtract say .005" for the head = .036". Been thinking about this a lot, thought I'd share.

Sounds to me like you have that thing setup perfectly man! I guessing one reason why it runs so good! And your attention to detail.

Were you coming up with 33.8cc for your pc calculations? He's running stock valves, that puts it much closer to 30cc I had to cc the head then calculate volume in the deck hight, add together, subtract dome cc, then take displacement and divide by the previously calculated chamber volume. Then you got your comp ratio.

Were you coming up with 33.8cc for your pc calculations? He's running stock valves, that puts it much closer to 30cc I had to cc the head then calculate volume in the deck hight, add together, subtract dome cc, then take displacement and divide by the previously calculated chamber volume. Then you got your comp ratio.

The program calculates total combustion chamber volume need to achive the C/R you set for the piston. I did measure total volume of my engine when it's fully assembled and will say it's with in a cc of the calculation. LED told me that is the best way to figure out true C/R.

Your engine builder looks to use a different exhaust valve then the standard warrior kibblewhite valve sold. Looks to have a larger dish?

Well went out and put a piston on and bolted down the jug and found that im at 0 deck hieght and my head gasket is 28 thousandths thick

Latest posts

Back