head shaved

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

357warrior

Reaction score
hey was wonderin i was gonna get my head shaved 30 thousandths and seen some only went 15 thousandths was wonderin if that would be a good investment and also goin with +1 intake valve

with that im run heavy duty valve springs with titanium retainers, and megacycle 252/1 cam with je 12:1 comp piston

I wouldn't deck it that much. At .015" you start cutting into the bosses for the exhaust studs, and you get pretty close to the valve margin. I feel .030" would be too much. If 30ks is your goal, deck it 15ks and leave out the base gasket. Mind my asking why you want to take 30ks off when running a 12:1 JE?

i got a 80 thousandths spacer under the jug for the 4mm stroke and no gaskets i use blue silicone

It'll run great without decking. I forgot you were using the +4 crank. Doing that with a standard crank's piston will allow you to play with deck height just by what spacer thickness you decide to run

with the spacer i got now im real tight to 0 deck height and the cometic head gasket is like 28 thousandths i believe

I wanna see pics of the spacer. Because, when it comes time to do a top end to my stroker, I'm not buying a "stroker" piston.

I'm more curious to know how the o-ring looks when it is installed. It would be easy to make it yourself just by cutting it out. I still would rather have the big bear cylinder turned down.

It should have. I would think you would have experienced lower then optimum oil pressure.

with the spacer i got now im real tight to 0 deck height and the cometic head gasket is like 28 thousandths i believe

Yeah I wouldn't run anything less then .030-.035" with 0 deck height installed. Anything closer and you are going to run the risk of parts making friends.
I would be careful on how much you take off the head, Pat was correct that you start to get close to the valve seats. I would take it to a machine shop or send it in and tell them what you want to do. It shouldn't be to much.
You should have a pretty strong build and end up with around 12:5 compression. To make it run strong get a good cam, with the head setup for a 38mm carb, with raptor intake that is ported to 38mm and flat slide carb. Make sure and degree the cam in.

Back