Got this last night!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! I've always wanted a 350X! I can't wait to get her done. Going to destroy my own Warrior! lol

Only update I have thus far is this:

Got my Pro Taper ATV High Bend bars last week, and installed them Thursday evening. Also, Pro Taper Rock Star grips, and a used ASV clutch lever. Lets face it, if I roll, the only lever I need to survive is the clutch. Lol.

Still waiting on my rear shock, crank, and top end to get back from CWR... I did order custom base and head gaskets from Cometic today, and, I have the factory oil cooler down at the hydraulic hose shop to get the original flex hoses (4inches worth) replaced. So they are having to solder the new fittings onto the factory steel lines. Once all that gets done/here it will take no time to fire this beast up ;)

Haven't gotten around to updating this in a while.

Had my hyd hose shop replace the flex hoses on the oil cooler.

Laid out all the engine parts.

New crank bearings installed.

Rebuilt crank installed.

Complete bottom end assembled and half the top end completed. Getting damn tired of waiting on the head/cam/rockers to get back. THE only things holding me up from completion :/

progress.gif
clear.gif

Thanks bro. Yeah it is, but, I'm getting really ******* tired of waiting on the head/cam/rockers to get back. I hate to call and bust Greg's balls. After all he did get the big bore kit and rear shock done fairly quickly for me. But, he's had that head since the first week of December. He told me a week and a half ago that they sent him a 400ex valve spring kit, so he was waiting on the correct one to arrive. Maybe he is spinning a yarn to because he is busy and hasn't finished it yet. Not like I haven't done the same. No one wants to hear that you simply haven't gotten to their **** yet. But holy hell nearly 4 months!!! Only need those 4 parts and it's done!

This this should be a wild ride! :tup:

Oh yeah man it will be! 11:1 Powroll 5mil big bore, CWR cam (.360-.370 lift range), hardweld rockers, CWR porting, EBC clutch, DID timing chain, full Supertrapp exhaust, 39mm FCR, 400ex Dynatech cdi, 14/40 (need to get sprockets custom made :/ for taller gearing), 20x10/9 ARTRAX MXTRAX rears, EBC severe duty pads front and back, '85 atc250r front end w/Progressive springs, Pro Taper bars, etc...

Should be fun to kick start!!! lol

Good luck keeping the front tire on the ground...

Yeah I'm going to end up extending a swinger I'm sure. But, for now, the stocker will have to do. Luckily the R front end has a better rake angle, and puts the wheel further forward. Hopefully that'll make her a little bit more manageable.

Wish I could Dean. STILL WAITING ON THE HEAD FROM CWR. EXTREMELY PISSED THE **** OFF!!!!! But, the rest of the bike is together and ready to rock. Right down to the engine being bolted in and chain on.

Honestly, I think he is just dragging his feet. He has had it since the first week of December. Now, I don't like to talk bad about anyone, especially when it has to do with their business. But, four and a half months is unacceptable. When I talked to him nearly 6 weeks ago he said that he received the wrong valve spring kit, but that correct one should be there in a few days, and he was going to get it finished up the following week. I give him a good two weeks before I call again ( I don't like to be a bother because I know what it is like to have customers constantly calling), and he said that he was busy with tax stuff and work but that he was going to do his best to get it done in the next couple of days. Well here we are, 3ish weeks later and still no head/cam/rockers. And, the cam and rockers he has done before the new year.

nice build. id love to get a 350x but i do have a pretty nice all original 200x. still on the stock tires.

Thanks! Should be FINALLY wrapping it up this weekend!!!! Hell yeah, what generation 200x?

Back