got my 250R!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with alll that power you might find yourself edging for the the razr 2's the mx's wear pretty quick...so i hear ..i have only had the 2's and like them very much

i had some razr mx on a blaster i used to have and loved them, they dont wear too bad and i want to stick with an 18" tire. BTW if i wanted the razr2's i would have to get a 9 or 10 inch rim

thanks guys, i just got home from St. Joe state park with this thing and it was weird because it ran like crap and fouled like 6 plugs but when i got home it ran great. i did get into a race though. there were about 15 bikes and i finished fourth behind a 450r, a yfz, a ds650, and a banshee but i beat a few predators, a couple of z400s, a raptor 660 and a few more

Nice looking R. Whats been done to the engine? My buddy has a 310 powervalved R and that thing screams. As for running like crap and fouling plugs, What was the elevation change from your home to the park? Sounds like at the park you were to rich on your jetting. Thats the bad thing about 2-strokes, they are not forgiving on the jetting like 4-strokes are. I have to rejet my LT250r for riding at the dunes, riding at home, and riding up in the trails.

the motor has been bored .80 over, wiseco piston, hot rods rod and crank, hardened 1st and 3rd gears, and a pipe. it could be the jetting, but the elevation doesnt change that much so i think my coil is bad but im not sure.

very true about the wheels..didnt think about that sorry....

theyre no too bad in the woods if you know how to ride one and there shouldnt be too many people in the 2 stroke class in an XC race

just thought id share a couple more pics of the ol beast

i thought you warrior guys would like this, anybody know what these fenders are off of? theyre not staying on there but it looks like it would be pretty easy to mount on there

100_2903.jpg

100_2904.jpg

and yes i know my nerf bar mount is broke, ill fix that tonight

my brother has a 250r with a fresh rebuild, full pro circuit exhaust and a few other things and it rips. Only thing is, its got so much power it likes to really spin the tires, when he had his 20's on the back i beat him 3 outta 4 times in a drag race haha. but now he has a new set of 22's and now that he wont spin as much he can prolly smoke me. he's also got some works tripple rate with rezzies up front but they are past the point of needing a rebuild.

yeah, the way mine is geared now i have to take off in 3rd or 4th in a drag race. thats with 18'' tires and stock sized sprockets. it needs geared up a ltttle real bad but i stayed side by side with my buddy's banshee until he hit 6th

Nice fenders lol. You get those off an old Warrior or Banshee? Maybe you should look into a nice set of Fullbore's for it. Buddy has a set and absolutely lovesem on his 250r. I'm suprised the Banshee is able to beat you. How long was the drag race and what kind of work was on the 'shee?

Back