got my 250R!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

i havent really got to ride it because the motor needs broke in but this thing is gonna run like a frickin bat out of hell. the plastic isnt in that good of shape and i plan on at least getting back fenders for it. tell me what you think of it

100_2723.jpg

100_2722.jpg

100_2724.jpg

That thing have an extended swing arm? Looks nice. My buddy is rebuilding his, and going to put in a 340 kit for it. Best of luck with it and enjoy the powerband.

picked it up for 2000 and its the stock swingarm. how do you guys think it will keep up with the 450's?

i just got a good first ride on it and all i can say is HOLY ****!!! this thing rips! my buddy was pretty mad when i passed his 450 giving him the finger lol

Should do awesome against the 450's. Friend got beat off the line by my buddy's 450r, but when he hit that powerband...look out! Only downside is it winds out faster and then the 450 catches up if its a long race. STill that thing is awesome. I keep seeing them for cheap around here, but can't really part with warrior. Beside I want to get a SV650 in AUgust.

Nice 250r. I have never ridden a 2 stroke before and i always hear people talking about the powerband on them. Does the powerband really hit that hard? Just wondering.

Nice 250r. I have never ridden a 2 stroke before and i always hear people talking about the powerband on them. Does the powerband really hit that hard? Just wondering.

It depends on the ride, the work done to it, and the experience of the rider on a 2-stroke machine (once you know how it is when a strong powerband kicks in, you can ride a 250r, banshee, quadzilla if you wanted, you just have to get a feel for that machine inparticular)

But yea, going from a 350 4stroke, to a 250 2stroke can be a completely different animal. Especially if you try to ride the same trails/hill climbs the same way.
-- Perfect Example: My friend Sean, he has a 400ex, with some minor work done to it, pipe, intake, such and such. So we were out riding, and a friend wanted to try his quad out. So after a few minutes of convincing my Sean to jump on our friend Jay's banshee (with quite a few $$$ into it), we were all waiting around as he was putting around saying ohh this isn't so bad. What's the big thing about 2 strokes, yada yada yada... So Jay ask's Sean to try and race him, They line up, i drop my arm, and they both go, Jay goes forward, Sean goes onto his back after about 15-20 feet. He got up shaking his head, going. "Oh, that's what they mean". We all damn near died from laughing so hard.
~Bill

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a 450r or a 250r is deffiantly gonna be my next quad after my blaster.. Or hell drop a 250r/450r motor in the blaster!

But dude. that looks.... SICK!!! my freind has the same year cept he has a-arms axle 450r shocks and same pipe 310 kit Douglas rims and renthals. looks SICK dude. im soo o JEALOUS! welcome to 2 stroke..... I hope u like it. I sure do!

thanks guys, i just got home from St. Joe state park with this thing and it was weird because it ran like crap and fouled like 6 plugs but when i got home it ran great. i did get into a race though. there were about 15 bikes and i finished fourth behind a 450r, a yfz, a ds650, and a banshee but i beat a few predators, a couple of z400s, a raptor 660 and a few more

thats what i dont like about 2 strokes..they load up in the woods and fould plus..once u get used to it u will know when it starts to act up and u will know when u crack the throttle.

Back in '86 my buddy traded in his 200x 3-wheeler for a 250R 3-wheeler. We went to the usual riding spot and were hitting a steep bank out of the river. About the 4th time his 250R hit the powerband about 3/4 the way up the hill and the bike just shot out from under him. funny as hell watching it. He was about 3 feet behind the bike as they both flew through the air.

the cosmetics dont look to good but as long as that engine runs good in my mind thats all thats matters.......thats good it was running fine when you got home.......cause if you were riding in open areas and thsi was happening thats not good.....on my suzuki rm 80 the sleeve cracked and allowed liquid cooling to dump into the cylinder...causing my engine to faul plugs about every 10 mins......and it ran like junk too......

yea thats one thing i dont like about the blaster is you are either going fast through the woods tryin to dodge tree's and deer. or you are barley creepin along! but either way i like it!

yeah i never got a chance to clean it up, but the klaws are awesome. st. joe has a lot of sand and they hooked up pretty good even in the really dry stuff. for the way i ride i would rather have the razr mx rear but these are still great tires.

Back