Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge if ya really want to include them

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gm all the way. Never will own a furd. My 89 has never ever let me down and still is one of the best body styles out there. The new gms arnt that pretty but neither are the fords. The f150's are god awful with their wash board tailgates and clear euro tail lights and the HUGE chrome bars in the 250 and the horrid round dually fenders. I'll keep my 89 and 04 chevys.

God the 89s are as ugly as the 04s. I like the new 250 and 350, except for the dually fenders. I do have to agree with you there.

GMs new trucks front end looks like it ran into a wall and :gayfight:

Thats because if you would no anything about fords motors the 352,390,400,427 are completely diff in design. Thats there "FE" motor or there big block. Fords 351 and 302 share the exact same head design, the 351 has a taller deck so it requires a 351 style intake.... Share some info worth while.
If you knew anything the 400M and the 351M were the same motor but the stroke, and there are 3 different 351s so youre saying the 351 windsor(The weak SOB) and the 302 are the same, the 351c was the second best motor Ford built only to the Hemi 429. Also where is the 428 in the FE family, get your stuff right because im a chevy fan and can name 95% of all ford motors.:nanner:
The recycled parts thing is really stupid its a racers dream because for restrictions you could run a 461 casting number 365hp head and build a lot of power.:evilface:

The 428 is the biggest of the FE motors. Heres a list of the FE blocks about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down the page. Dont tell someone to get their facts straight with out proof. There was a 427 and 428, the 428 being the Cobra Jet motor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_FE_engine

On edit: Not trying to be a dick, just get a little irritated when some says something as fact and is wrong.

Last edited:
If you knew anything the 400M and the 351M were the same motor but the stroke, and there are 3 different 351s so youre saying the 351 windsor(The weak SOB) and the 302 are the same, the 351c was the second best motor Ford built only to the Hemi 429. Also where is the 428 in the FE family, get your stuff right because im a chevy fan and can name 95% of all ford motors.:nanner:
The recycled parts thing is really stupid its a racers dream because for restrictions you could run a 461 casting number 365hp head and build a lot of power.:evilface:

I said the head could be used on the 351 and 302... deck height is diff so a wider intake is needed.

You must be the know it all.

BUT the recycled parts thing is what chevy is good at. They can swap parts off a bigger motor so they "say" it has more power but reallity they dont do the egineering to make new

Dang yall are confusing me why dose Ford have so many motors!?!?!

I agree Ford has one of the best rear ends with their rear loading 9"
The Chevy's transmissions are some of the best
and dodge stumbled up on the hemi motor don't know how but they did

Truth is they all have good and bad parts and personally I just like the Chevy' s body's and the old cars and truck s parts interchangeability

hey guys im chevy fan born and bread .... but i have to give it to ford for the last 5 years at lest reasons being no bail out and SAS in 4x4s but the late 80s to late 90s ford sucked balls (unless diesel)

the only things dodge did right are the 70s hemis & SAS in there 4x4s

beside i think ill stick with my old yota for now

I said the head could be used on the 351 and 302... deck height is diff so a wider intake is needed.

You must be the know it all.

BUT the recycled parts thing is what chevy is good at. They can swap parts off a bigger motor so they "say" it has more power but reallity they dont do the egineering to make new
I get that the 351w you can do some swaps but there are 3 different 351s so I was just saying while you were saying the 302 could take 351 heads but its only the W heads it takes not M's or C's, and since you were a big ford fan i figured you knew that the 400 was a modified engine like the 351M, the stroke was the only difference.

About the recycleing why change something if you are getting good power and reliability and its cheap to work on.

Last edited:
Dang yall are confusing me why dose Ford have so many motors!?!?!

I agree Ford has one of the best rear ends with their rear loading 9"
The Chevy's transmissions are some of the best
and dodge stumbled up on the hemi motor don't know how but they did

Truth is they all have good and bad parts and personally I just like the Chevy' s body's and the old cars and truck s parts interchangeability

Chevy's have alot of motors too. Every company does.

Im with ya. Every company has made real good and real shity cars/motors/trans/rearends. This argument will never be solved as long as us men are alive.

Im not much of a truck guy. I have alot of good friends who run camaro, firebirds, fox body stangs ect. Anything that will run strong and fry tires is cool with me. Me myself own a 90 lx notch stang.

I get that the 351w you can do some swaps but there are 3 different 351s so I was just saying while you were saying the 302 could take 351 heads but its only the W heads it takes not M's or C's, and since you were a big ford fan i figured you knew that the 400 was a modified engine like the 351M, the stroke was the only difference.

About the recycleing why change something if you are getting good power and reliability and its cheap to work on.

Yes i knew the diff 351 motors. windsor, modified, cleveland.

I think its cool to have more motor choices to choose from. Having what everyone else has like the "350" would just be plain and boring. Gotta have options

Well the 428 is an FE motor and you siad it was not so you answer the question. Unless Im ready what you had post different than you ment to say it.
I said "Wheres the 428 in the FE family" because he only said the 427, so i said the 428 was in their but he did not have it listed.:iagree:

Last edited:
Yes i knew the diff 351 motors. windsor, modified, cleveland.

I think its cool to have more motor choices to choose from. Having what everyone else has like the "350" would just be plain and boring. Gotta have options
yeah but your problem with that is your average joe would go to the parts house and get a intake gasket for example for a 351, and they would give them one, but for the wrong one. With one motor that CI you cant have that.

God the 89s are as ugly as the 04s. I like the new 250 and 350, except for the dually fenders. I do have to agree with you there.

GMs new trucks front end looks like it ran into a wall and :gayfight:

I guess you like alot of chrome plated plastic then lol.

yeah but your problem with that is your average joe would go to the parts house and get a intake gasket for example for a 351, and they would give them one, but for the wrong one. With one motor that CI you cant have that.

If your rebuilding or putting a motor together and you let the parts store order the wrong part then ya shouldnt be buildin one... Hell even most guys at my local parts store are so dumb its not even funny. If the damn computer wont tell em they dont know.

yeah daddy used to call the local Car Quest and ask for a radiator for a 1970 Volkswagen Beatle, and they would look it up and say they couldn't find it. So funny!!!

I guess you like alot of chrome plated plastic then lol.
Nope painted to match the body, Everybodys gone to chromed plastic. We just had an 07 chevy on the shop today and the only metal in the front was the bumper. The only way to get metal is in the aftermarket for any anymore.

97warrior350, see thats where the internet is the down fall and something tells me 87 just forgot to add it in to his list. He had all the easy to find ones in the list though!!! 428 are hard to find, but you can biuld one out of another FE block. The heads though are not very cheap, I should know, at one time I was gonna biuld one. Yep that went out the door til Ive got a good bank account!!!:tup:

If your rebuilding or putting a motor together and you let the parts store order the wrong part then ya shouldnt be buildin one... Hell even most guys at my local parts store are so dumb its not even funny. If the damn computer wont tell em they dont know.

WHAT! Na man, you're kidding! I thought the best "part" was their people, lol! Chain parts stores for ya man, every town has em & there are only a handful of people in those stores across the whole Friggin country that actually know what the Hell they're doing! I pretty much have one dependable parts guy that's about 5 min away from home, he's our local Carquest guy. He's been running his own store for like the last 30 years, oh, he still has BOOKS on his shelf as well.

Back