Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge if ya really want to include them

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya but your 7.3 ford is the only for thats worth a crap to me just saying..

born and raised Chevy not trying to pick a fight just saying you never hear nick names for Chevys except old bessy or the green hornet if you live in east Tx...
for me 6.5 dissel 5spd 96 model 3/4ton

ya but your 7.3 ford is the only for thats worth a crap to me just saying..

born and raised Chevy not trying to pick a fight just saying you never hear nick names for Chevys except old bessy or the green hornet if you live in east Tx...
for me 6.5 dissel 5spd 96 model 3/4ton
:haha:
Ok now thats just funny a 6.5 diesel, the only chevy diesel worse for reliability is the 6.2.

A nieghbor has a 6.5 and the body looks good, but the motor is a POS. not to mention all the Diesel places around here are just guessing on whats wrong!!!!!

Oh and the name I here chevys called around here is "Shitty Chevy" LOL

244,000 miles original... my dad has a 93 1ton with a 6.5 marine motor when the original broke a piston at 203,000 its a fun truck its a 450 ftlbs of torque twin turbo:evilface:

Twin Turbo? Never heard of anyone twin turboing a 6.5. I pretty sure my truck has the same if not more torque stock, so Im not impessed. My biggest issue with chevys is when they went to that damn IFS. Ya it may ride good, but put a serious load behind it and the front tires may meet.

i will say this ford screwed up replacing the 7.3 powerstroke but im chevy thru and thru. so now chevy has the best diesel out there IMO

i will say this ford screwed up replacing the 7.3 powerstroke but im chevy thru and thru. so now chevy has the best diesel out there IMO

They only replaced the 7.3, because they couldnt get it to pass the emmisions standard for 2003. But the new 6.7 Powerstroke is proving to be quite the beast. So I will disagree about chevy having the best diesel.

i like you. cant beat a Duramax+Allison combo

Agian my biggest thing about chevy trucks besides that they are ugly as all get out anymore. Is the IFS, a HD 4x4 should have a solid axle. If you max out the towing capacity with IFS your front tires will be riding like this: / \

Agian the 6.7 is just in its first year of production and is doing very well. Not to mention I dont like Government Motors:haha:

Agian the 6.7 is just in its first year of production and is doing very well. Not to mention I dont like Government Motors:haha:

Exactly!!!!!! Every fullsize truck, i dont care what make, or model, should be solid axle. To me owning a truck isnt about ride quality, its about hualing loads and offroading.

thats the thing with the duramax they have been out there so long that you never hear of the problems like you hear about the 6.0 and partially 6.4. my grandfather just had to send in his 6.4 and now there having to take the cab off to work on the motor. chevy was smart enough not to make it that complicated.

thats the thing with the duramax they have been out there so long that you never hear of the problems like you hear about the 6.0 and partially 6.4. my grandfather just had to send in his 6.4 and now there having to take the cab off to work on the motor. chevy was smart enough not to make it that complicated.

Just off top of my head for the Dmax, injectors and water pumps. I will say this though atleast we dont have any Dodge nut swingers on here!!!:haha:

And whats wrong with dodge?

Usually the owners!! :iagree: Not saying all of them though. The ones in question think that their dodge is the best thing since sliced bread. Personally though to me dodge interiors seem cheap and Ive seen quite a few in accidents where they should have been able to drive away and couldnt because the front axle bent.:eek:

Forgot you were a dodge man!!:haha:

Real turbo muscle
15965-1987-Buick-Grand%20National.jpg

Back