First crash/time you were thrown off?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i took a shitter on my bro's 04 yz250f. didnt realize it had no brakes until i was goin over the handle bars lol. nothin like getting a handle bar in the thigh. i got up and my bro was on the ground laughing his ass off. he's like "YOU LOOKED LIKE A RAG DOLL!" hehe

My first crash ever was when I was about 6 or 7 I was on my little lt80 wasent paying attention hit a big rock that was at an angle, I hit it hard enough that it threw me over the handle bars then ran me over luckily I had on a helmet. I still have the helmet with a big deep cut in it from where I got ran over.

my first crash I was about 13-14 at my parents property near Phoenicia, NY. We had 11 acres combined with another 20-25 acres that an owner of a bed & breakfast owned. She didnt care that I rode the property cause i beat the trails down for her guests and they were allowed to walk our property too. anyway. I had an awesome track set up with about a 200ft straight away into a berm then a step down to a step up with a berm out of it. well i went hauling ass like usual, hit the step up railed the berm alittle too hard, high sided the ass end, dug the peg into the top on the berm which launched me off into the 2ft deep creek about 5ft behind the berm. stood up to find my warrior on its side with nothing wrong. only thing that happened to me was i jammed my wrist alittle and i was soaked.

I'll have to say my first and biggest crash was probably about 2003. One of my buddies had a red 350 Rancher ES 4X4 that was almost new. I was going about 20 (its what I remember the digital speedometer saying anyway) and I went to turn right near the edge of the field while looking back at my buddy on his dad's Rubicon. Next thing I know I'm laying on my left side, quad on its left side, and my head is up in the edge of the woods. I didn't have a helmet on, and all a got was a scratch on the arm. Talk about lucky.

He said when I looked back I turned the handlebars at the same time, and over I went. He was glad nothing got torn up. The rest of the time we rode, he made me ride the Rubicon since it was a little heavier. Probably no difference really because it had a lift kit with ITP Blackwater wheels/tires, so it had a higher center of gravity than the Rancher, even though it was heavier.

My first crash was on my minitrail 50= i had made a circle track between my dads shed and my moms big planter and had ridden it a bunch of times. one day i was going around whill my little brother was playing in the planter with his tonka trucks when one of them came over the side right at my front tire. I hit the truck and sent me over the planter onto the sidewalk hurtin my knee. I was 6 then and still to this day i have problems with my knee.

After that iv wrecked my old hondaCB100 my XR75 my xl250 flipped a yz250 down a hill a 300ex down a hill a 400ex down a hill hit multiple trees with my 400ex and trx450r that caused some good dismounts and broken bones. and my last real damage again came from a 2-wheeler my xr650L sent me for a loop. I hit a small downhill jump on our XC track in the woods and caught a a loose rock sending me to the left into a 8-10inch oak tree with the left handlebar. that threw me into the dirt and rolling back onto the trail with my buddies trx450r coming over right behind me he made me into a speed bump.

Helmets cheast protectors have saved me a few times over. they are worth the money guys. And if you buy them u gota wear them to make them work.

I've crashed my Moto-4 200 a couple times nothing serious though. The first time I was thrown off I was on an 87 Honda 250X. It was January 29, 2009. I was coming down a hill and I saw my friends pulling into my driveway so I was headed back to the house. At the bottom of the hill was a 90 degree corner to the right. I made the corner but instead of heading 50 more feet to our driveway, I decided to go through the lawn which was between the hill and driveway. I was in second gear. I made it over the snowbank and into our lawn. I gave it a little gas to try and get a little more momentum because it had crappy tires on it. Instead of going faster, the rear end went to the side and hit a hard snow chunk and it flipped. It threw me right off lol. The machine did not do a complete roll it was sitting on the handlebars and seat. My friend saw me roll it and we were out there forever cause it was hard to get it back over the snowbank. Stupid thing took like 80 kicks to start.... It totaled the fenders and wrecked a light.

my first crash was when i was about 8-9 yrs old. it was not long after i got my pw-80 in the dead of winter. i think we had gotten some rain and it had frozen over. anyway, i was coming down a dirt road giving it everything it had with my dad following me in his truck. well, here came an icey pothole and that was it. the bike went one way and i went the other. i know i took about 4 or 5 rolls and the bike as well. if it had not been for thick winter clothes and my helmet i would have probably gotten hurt, but i didn't get a scratch.

the funny thing about it was my dads reaction to it. he came flying out of the truck after it happened. the first thing he did was scream "pick up the bike", but i think he knew i was okay after i got up. lol

something i'll never ever forget though. after taking that spill i have always been very cautious of how i and others operate atv's and bikes.

the first time I ever wiped a quad was when I was about 11 or 12 years old. like a 1979 trailboss 250

We were on a week long camping trip for moose hunting. Id been going out with the Men, riding with my old man. During all our hunting, Id watch them push over the odd tree here n there.

So dad lets me take the quad to ride along the riverside, right near to where we were camping.

it was all gravel/rocky, but relativley smooth and everything.

but right there, out in the open, all by its little lonesome self was this little tiny tree, prolly not more than 5 feet high.

I thought to myself, "Eh! Im gona push this tree over!!"

so I get right up to it, all lined up and then punch the throttle!

well holly hell!! WTF JUST HAPPENED!!!

The front end came, up, then down, tossed me right over the front. I landed in this shallow little washout hole, and look up, the keft front tire hovering right over my head...

so wtf just happend? I got up, shook myself off. and looked at this pissy dinky tiny little tree, standin there, laughing at me.
I walked over and looked. there, right around the bottom of it, was grass clumped around it, sticking up.

I dunno if any of you have ever noticed, but where water washes things away, it'll kinda leave a clump of grass around a tree!!

sadly enough, the first and only time the warrior has ever tossed me was sorta similar.
my very first ride out on it, a tree had fell across the trail. I went around it.
there was hundreds of places to go around it.. I of course, choose to go over this stupid lil tree, wich sprang back up, and tossed me over. I bailed, and I KNEW that it was comin for me. I rolled once and sat up, and just inches behind my head the warrior sat, upside down, idling away... haha
I thought to myself "Good. Now that we've gotten that outta the way, we will be great friends." and then I had to congradulate myself for rebuilding the engine so well it could run upside down if I wanted. lol

Last edited:
Got thrown off my warrior for the first time this weekend. I've had plenty of wrecks on dirt bikes but this was my first on a quad.

Came around a corner spinning tires, sliding sideways and the old warrior got away from me. Thought it was going to roll over on top of me but some how the momentum changed and I was flipped over the bars. Lucky for me I wasn't hurt and when I got up the warrior was sitting side ways on the trail unharmed. Good thing too cause now I can enter it for the QOTM!

the 1st time I was trown off my warrior my brother accually got a pic, took me a while to find it in the stack of disk lol. Two weeks after getting my quad I was spinning some cookies and it caught traction. My bro was trying to take a pic of my doing cookies but got this pic instead. I'm still in the air lol

quad5.jpg

Last edited:
yeah then later that day I went to pop a wheelie and stood it up on it's grab bar, I flew off hit the dirt and watched it rock on the grab bar, seemed like slow motion praying it doesn't fall on me. It was accually just a split sec and it went back to it's wheels. But man it seemed like 30 secs. Also heard and felt all the bones in my back pop when I landed on it. It was a sore day but still fun

me and a buddie were riding on the back 40 and i found like a trench kinda thing and put my rear tires in it and gunned it and my front end flew up in the air and threw me off the back landing flat on my ass... my friend was laughing so hard as he went by he hit the near by tree with his new lt250 hahaha

ya than i laughed my ass off haha. and so did his girl lol

Latest posts

Back