First crash/time you were thrown off?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first atv, '00 warrior i got a week ago. So whilest riding at the Red River and doing doughnuts and powerslides showing off to an audience of sun tanning girls. Was sliding sideways at maybe 30 mph when my rear tires hit a patch of silty nasty stuff and dig in deep. My warrior stops dead in its track and shoots my a** off 15-20 feet. I tried to tuck and roll with it, but ended up bouncing along the right side of my back. Bruised all down my right side and some pulled muscles. I dont remember hitting the ground, but i opened my eyes and all the girls were having a fit laughing so hard ~.~ Atv is fine not a scratch, didnt even turn over. I left from my first good ride grinning. Shoulda been ashamed but i still had way too much fun. Why didnt I get into this "sport" a long time ago!

2 years ago, first time ona quad, realized dirtbikes go thorugh water, quads go on top of water

untitled.jpg

2 years ago, first time ona quad, realized dirtbikes go thorugh water, quads go on top of water

untitled.jpg
Really? Thought it was easier to water skip a dirtbike cause they're so much lighter. And I've never skipped a wheeler probly cause I weigh 250 lbs and would have to be doing like 90+ to stay on top of the water haha

Really? Thought it was easier to water skip a dirtbike cause they're so much lighter. And I've never skipped a wheeler probly cause I weigh 250 lbs and would have to be doing like 90+ to stay on top of the water haha
yeah a quad is heavier but you have more surface on the water with the wider tires

you just have to be going fast to keep going through the water, only takes 10 foot long of a puddle to send you off the trail at 30mph

first time i ever wrecked was in 2006, 9 year old me had just got a 2006 wildfire 110 (chinese quad, looks like a raptor and has a motor simular to a crf50 or klx110) 2 days earlier.. me and my friend were riding double on it, me driving, i went thru my back yard, cut a hard left while cramming the gas, bike caught traction and we flipped.

worst crash i ever had was last fall not to long after getting my rm85 my dad took me riding at my uncles, he rode my uncles big bear, i rode my 85 (obvoisly) and we were going down this steep rocky hill and at first i was just kinda walking it down, still on the seat but riding the brakes so much i had to step with my left foot then i thought "well i need to grow a pair and go fast enough i dont need to step" so i let off the brakes a lil brought my foot to the peg... 10ft later i got scared and locked up my front brakes, front end washes out i land on my head then next thing i know im sitting on my bottom a few feet from the bike taking my helmet off.

It was 1984....I had an ATC 185s....answer bars,buckshot mudders,and a rigged up pipe...
My Grandmother live on the other side of town....and I always rode there to go hangout with my friends on that side of the tracks....
Problem was the cops hated three wheelers....(mind you..there was at the time only one quad in existance the suzuki 125)...and they were always trying to bust our ass....
One evening as the sun was going down...I left my Grand-mas and started home.....as I was crossing maybee rd. (the main drag) I noticed a cop car go by and begin to turn around....I high tailed it across my Junior High parking lot...across the Elementary playground adjacent to the school, over a drainage mound at 40 mph...and that is when I hit the parking block...I did not see it because it was dusk...and I had shut my headlight off to avoid being seen....the Balloon front tire launched me in one direction and the ATC in the other....I flipped in mid-air....watching the bike land to my right and bounce....I landed on my head...cracking my helmet straight down the back....The Honda bobbled three times landing on it wheels of all things....still running!...I shook it off and ran to it....behind me the cop was pulling into the parking lot...I jumped on the ATC and goosed it.....it was then I noticed that the left handlebar was bent all the way down to the tank....I had to make a 3/4 circle to the right to turn LEFT! LOL!!!
I made it home.....The aftermath was about $350 of 1984 money...headlight, front fender, bars, bent rear wheel....and did not say
**** to my dad about it for days....

I was 13 years old:atv:
Jebby

Today......Decided to go up a steep hill that was pretty tall and well I didn't go fast enough and it flipped. Didn't get too injured a nasty scrape on my side/back and some sore spots. Not too bad. Bent my bars so I'll be replacing those this weekend.

Nah don't think it's the stem. I don't know I'm going to work on it this weekend but I think it's just the bars? If it is the stem I could probably find one of those cheaper then the pro-taper bars. I think someone close to me might even have a stem.

Never had a major crash on a ATV ever unless you count doing donuts on your second quad and almost losing control jabbing the end of the handlebars into your.....uh.."Privates"...yeah and I was trying to impress a girl while doing it so I was emberessed at the same time :C

my first crash on a quad was at hatfield mccoy trails in west virginia. I was riding through a field in 4 th gear on a honda 250ex and there were really BIG rain ruts. I went off about a 3 foot drop and drove the front end right into a big rut and went over the bars and the quad landed ontop of me. Only got some bruises but bent the widening kit,bars on my quad and cracked the plastics,ripped the seat and broke one of the tie rods. It started up thouggh but couldnt be ridden

hmmmmmmm i cant remember the first time i rolled mine.... but i rolled a banshee when i was 8 was going up a grassy hill then cutting it around on a old sand pile and it high centered and it caught a shoelace on the shifter so when i bailed it wrapped me up pretty good left arm was under the left front fender folded in half pressed against the head pipe and my right leg was between the right side of the axle and the fender bent at a odd 90 degree angle and the left was stuck between the shifter and foot pag and my right arm was behind my back pressed against the frame rail laid there for a good 10min couldnt yell cause it crushed the air out of my lungs..... dad and uncle and cuzzes got it off of me you know burning flesh has a distinct smell..... aside from a burn on the left arm i was fine

its really amazing ive rolled 8or9 times and never got hurt bad enough to break anything but i jump long on one table one time and i dislocate and break one wrist funny how that works....

Last edited:
My first and so far only crash on my quad was this past summer and I was riding in a place I have never been before. We were camping and there was a big grassy field right next to our site. I decided to go play around in there and check it out . Did a couple donuts in the muck while the quad warmed up and the decided to rip straight across the field, got to about 60ish km/hr and notice a trench cut straight across the field. The field had kind of an arch to it so I was climbing up it at the time I saw the trench. Had about 10 feet to react when I saw it, grabbed the clutch and as much brakes as I could but the grass was wet so I didn't slow down at all. Went into the trench( it was about 3 feet deep) and when my front tires hit the other side I went over the bars, Caught my bar end/clutch lever on the groin (high up so the twig and berries came out fine) and did a barrel roll over the bars and right back to my feet. Rolled the quad back over and rode back to the camp site.
End result was bent bars, bent steering stem and fucked clutch lever. also a huge lump where the bars hit me. Rode for the rest of the weekend without too many problems.

the bitch threw me off lol

Yup today i was doin some donuts and it caught traction and threw my ass off & kept goin. Lol i had to get up & chase it about 10-15 ft. But i didnt get hurt at all. nock on wood lmao

I was doing about 40 yesterday, and caught a rut on a road with ice all the way across 2" thick, quad pulled into the bank of the ditch and it was downhill and backwards. I didn't get hurt, nor did the quad. But it was pretty close, can't believe it didn't flip.

Back