Few other / past toys

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya exhaust is good on streets, but that truck was not exactly a street truck, dunno if u ever drove somethin with 4.88 gears and a 3000 rpm stall setup on bias ply boggers on street but its not best idea, plus tires wear fast on pavement and at 1600 a set dumb idea lol

oh, and btw after i sold that motor the guy put it in an s10 and had dyno'd before install at 404 HP and 440 ft lb torque with the holley double on it so thats respectable i would say for a stock block slightly modified production head motor. when i first got the motor done i had no money for carb so i ran a stock quadrajet from 76 corvette that was rebuilt recently and power seemed lacking to the holley, just my opinion

understandable... i just HATE the way a holley runs and a chevy... but then again i NEVER run stock intake.
my first car engine i built when i was 14 y/o... built it by myself in the basement of my parents hous. was a 283 out of a '69 corvette. i put big valve small combustion chamber double hump heads off a 327, rods and flat top pistons from a 305, comp cams .495 lift cam and 1.5 ratio stamped steel roller rockers, a weiend hi rise alum intake with a deck height of 9.800 inches with a 2 inch carb adapter, and she dyno'd at 602 hp with 650 ft lb of torque... still got the motor haha just not in anything. and thats with a quadra jet off a 454 big block sitting on top that i rebuilt.

haha needs built again... left it out in the rain cause i had no where to put it when i moved. block and heads are still good, alosng with the intake, and carb but needs a full top and bottom end rebuild

All I have to say is your awesome! I have never known very many women that liked to get dirty working on cars and things. That's really cool that you can do the things you do. It's to bad you didn't have a 327 block and make a 302. Those 302's just scream with the right combination.

Me to their's nothing like winding them up and listening to them sing. LOL ;D

i can make a 302 outta my 283 :p it'll bore enough to get 327 pistons in making it a 302. all i need is a small or medium journal crank and the rods to match

stock intake? lol did you see the intake in pics? nothin stock about it lol you could fit a football down underneath the runners basically lol

I used to fill the area under the runners with a full bag of ice after every run, redneck cold air intake lol

600 hp? That would be an impressive dyno sheet from a 289. Yea those 302's do scream i know a guy with a 72 camaro with one it gets down big time

not 289... 283 :) there corvette engines and take a hell of a beating! about like a 396 big block... run so hard they'll literally fly all to **** ( that is if your racing) but yeah i've been doing this awhile ;) haha
i'm going to retire my weiand high rise... $1700 is too good a deal for DART iron eagle 2.08 intake, 1.60 exhaust 64cc combustion chamber heads with a matched dart high rise intake (they custom port each head and intake to bolt up seamless) and they even come with purdy lil dart valve covers

srry mis-typing on my part i was thinkin bout this mustang my dad is probably gettin my lil sister for graduation has a 289 lol and ya 283's do take beatin good

my dream ride.... '71 IH scout, 4 inch lift, 35 11.50's, with a chevy 6.2L diesel running twin turbo's bolted up the a 4speed bulldog tranny :)

that gap under the intake is a pain sometimes. It collects alot of dirt and water from when we wash the car. We have a bigger motor going back together and it's monster. I think any where from 700-800 horses. It's a very expensive motor all aluminum sbc 418. The prices people spend on motor is crazy but if you want to go fast that is takes.

most expensive one i ever built was a 350 4 bolt main. 7K in it.. heads, blower, pistons, crank, all bearings, seals, cam, re worked valve pockets and freakin huge valves. i built it for a local drag racer... i told him he was stupid for puting 7k in a motor that wouldn't ever see a street legal car haha.

That's what we had in last years race motor. Everything adds up quick the motor we are putting back together you could but a new car instead. It cost about $30,000 brand new. it is a 18deg motor with a 17 deg dart heads with a dart block. The bad part is a new alum block Is $6,000 brand new without machining it and then having it fixed for a dry sump oil pump. The wild part is our headers the primaries coming off the heads are as big as a cars exhaust pipe I think they start out a 2" pipe.

Latest posts

Back