Fastest 350 Ever?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, I just don't want a pull start. It would be in an odd position I would think for my setup. I am going to jockey my own bike also. 30lbs is only 4hp, and I get to know what's going on. And I don't have to pay anyone. I have been eating hardly anything, trying to stop getting heavier.

I just think it would be really cool to be sporting the YFM350 on the track. I'm going to be shooting for 5.5sec or under. The fastest of the fastest run 3.5's.

Rough stuff. I have a guy that wants to race me on a Big 3 700. Why would he want to race me with 70hp when he's at under 50hp? I know he for sure has a cam, and a CNC head, because he slipped up one day. I am not sure what to do. I know I have a guy that would do a 5mil crank for me, remove my motor, install the crank, and put it together for $850 including all parts and labor. And I know I want an FCI intake, and a DynaTek ignition with custom curves, that totals $1200 with the ignition, crank, and intake. But I would be at 82hp give or take. Which makes me happy. Now, it will lift the front end up easily with 70hp in 3rd gear with the tallest possible gearing. Not sure what to do. Because I know I am going to loose some money if I race him with how my bike is right now. I dont race for fun.

seriously 82hp on motor alone? I'm not saying its not possible but have you had your quad on a dyno?

Yes sir. It is possible. There are people on 120 just motor...

watch

I think that was his point in posting that. It has a turbo and only produced 100 hp at the wheel. What does that say about high hp claims of a non turbo engine. I can't imagine you lose a great deal of hp driving the rear wheels on an ATV. It aint like a car that is wielding that long drive shaft, ring and pinion, long axles, and huge tires.

I just followed a round of 60 some odd posts on facebook today concerning hp, and claims that a stock tired Banshee would do 100MPH with little more than stock sprocket ratios. Needless to say it got pretty heated and no one posted a dyno sheet or a time slip to back up any of the claims. Sometimes it is just better to say it hauls ass but I don't know how many hp, or mph.

Well, there is a guy with a turbo Raptor with a motor build, at 140hp. A 100hp turbo Raptor has the same hp as a 70hp NA quad. It takes 2/3 of the hp of a turbo to equal a NA build. Still, I'm torn on what to do.

raptor is liquid cooled totoly different animal,, for short lived ,racing only. 70hp is achavible by nos.stroked bigest bore/mucho $ in headwork with good ign and a 40 shot. i have built big$$ kz1000/1500 cc dragbikes and can only get 250 to 280 hp without nos.. but thats almost 4 times the hp as stock,, its all in the head. and the warrior head is gonna be tough to get big hp out of. with out big $

fk8p5v.jpg
sky is the limit just how far ya wanna go.and how much $$$ you wanna spend i think anything over a grand and your better of repowering it

Nice Try Banzi...

I mean seriously, I guess I might just have this thread closed until I have some more good news. Because it isn't getting on a good path....

Last edited:
Threads about horsepower and speed never end well. Talking to someone in chat is cool, but no one ever seems to bring forth dyno results or time slips and it is all just chat. We get arm chair racers in our shop all the time talking horsepower and speed on their automotive stuff. Some are just full of it, some use desktop dyno and don't plug in realistic numbers, and most are just guestimation off the top of their heads. As said earlier anything can be done with enough money and most just don't have it. Without proof, people will call BS at you all day long.

Well, I don't have dyno sheets. They will not give them out. The best builders out there don't post stuff like that. Why should they tell somebody with a 40hp Raptor how to get 120 out of motor, and the power curve. All they say is it has 120hp, no tq numbers. Turbo's aren't near as great as a motor build.

If you pay to get your bike built by somebody and they won't give you the dyno sheet, something is wrong. I've never heard of that happening. You pay for a service and the proof of the work is the dyno sheet. Anyone not willing to share that is hiding something. Every large company out there with any sort of reputation puts out dyno sheets, usually they are posted all over their website. Look at HPF, they build M3's up to 1k hp in some instances, do you see them holding out on the Dyno sheets? Nope they are all over their site showing for each kit they sell.

The people that get their bikes built get sheets. But they dont share them...

Back