• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fast Honda 400EX For Sale

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be a dick to you or anyone on this site but thump i would surgest you post this quad on exriders and ebay you are not going to get anything on here besides stupid comments lowball offers and dumb trades. put it on there maybe the centrals too and it should sell i have had good luck selling quad/ quad stuff and finding iteams on those sites. Good luck its a nice clean bike, maybe part your aftermarket and sell lstock that a ganattee fast seller that way .

~Eddie

Hey Eddie,
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it… glad to see there are still some people that are willing to give helpful advice rather then just talking crap and bashing over the internet… thanks again for the compliment on the quad and the advice….

Well you couldn't just leave well enough along could you. I personally like the correction of my spelling, I apologize. You would think since I have a masters I would have caught that, ANYWAY let's first off get something clear. This is only my personal opinion, I say again PERSONAL opinion. It was intended to help you, i.e. help you realize $4500 could possibly be to much for a used 400 that looks to only have the typical bolt ons. Jason even asked you what mods, and instead of telling us all you once again went on the offensive and made some un-called for comment. Do want you want with this thing I could care less, just as trail said sell it somewhere else. Maybe you didn't notice the website you're on, I don't know, but I do know $4500 for your quad is to much. Once again good luck on the sell, YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT...

Oh yea, one last thing... Blah, blah, blah, my dad can beat up your dad, I could care less if your 400 could beat my 450. What matters is I'm happy with what I got and don't need to sell it...hint, hint,hint

You brought the stink bubba… yes its your personal opinion, I realize that, but the fact that you think your opinion is so important that I really give two shits about it especially when it comes to pricing my stuff, puzzles me… once again, you’ve never seen my quad nor rode it… you’ve seen some photos on the internet, you really can tell a lot about what’s in a motor by looking at photos huh…and as for helping me aaah, that’s an interesting way to go about helping people, by telling them their stuff isn’t worth the asking price and doubting the claims that they make…. I didn’t get “offensive” with Jason… the mods are listed, sorry if I don’t wish to disclose everything about the quad over the internet… if you’re a serious buyer, bring cash in hand ready to buy and I’ll tell ya everything you want to know.. Education level doesn’t matter, but since, YOU can’t seem to handle some constructive criticism, I will refrain from correcting your spelling any more.. which after reading your last post is a great thing for me, that would have taken a lot of correcting…

Fact of the matter is, you couldn’t get a 400 to run with the 450’s and you got all “butt hurt” when I wouldn’t list what makes this one tick… I could care less which quad is faster also, that’s not the point… the point is you don’t see me putting your stuff down, trust me, I’ve seen some of your posts and there’s plenty to put down… but that’s not me, I have more class then that… but I’m not gonna stand for someone putting down my stuff that I worked hard to get and worked hard on…. you claimed that you “find it hard to believe that a 400 can beat a 450”… so I’m giving you an opportunity to find out first hand, I just so happen to have one that can and has… does that mean it can beat every one, no, but I never claimed that… basically if your gonna talk crap, PUT UP or SHUT UP…… I’m glad your happy with what you got, that’s all that matters… I don’t NEED to sell ONE of my quads… but with my medical bills, it would sure make it easier on me if I did financially… once again, I’m glad to see you can be such a jerk as to make fun of someone when there down on there luck and health…. Your sooo Cool…… some day when your balls finally drop though, bring that 450 up here and we’ll end this pissing contest once and for all….. Till then I’m down with you.. Go talk your crap elsewhere, leave me out of it

I feel the need to pitch in my comment, wanted or not... First off, Thumper, comments like this should be expected on any open forum. Is it the right thing to do? Probably not but thats just how it is and its not going to change. Someone simply stated that your "asking" price was really high, which I completely agree with. Then, embarassed, realizing that your price WAS too high tried to defend a previous statement made by another member. Which is referring to people not believing that you could outrun 450's. "Rides and riders are NOT created equally.... bring a 450 over and we'll run 'em and your see for yourself" blah blah blah. Just settle down, or move on... Personally I dont like people that only log on this site just to sell things rather than contribute...

I don’t have a problem with any ones opinion… but don’t think I’m gonna sit back and take it while someone tells me my stuff isn’t worth my asking price… it’s a asking price, don’t like it, make an offer, otherwise shut up… nor that my quad can’t run with nor pass a 450, been there done that… don’t believe it, bring one over and I’ll show ya, its simple as that…. It can change though, I’m an admin on another web site and I deal with idiots all the time, so it can change if it’s addressed… there’s a time and a place for everything… if ya truly want to help, do it privately, don’t tell me my price is too high in an open forum and that my claims are false… seriously, how do ya think I’m gonna react…. With a thank you???…lol… sorry that I don’t have the time to contribute to all the BS’ing in the chit chat sections as for I’m busy with my life and fixing, moding or helping a fellow rider out any way I can…. I also feel the need to apologize for some odd reason for trying to get as much as I can for my quad… isn’t that the same for everyone though…hmmm… but I’m truly sorry for having a butt load of medical bills and no insurance to cover them and for some odd reason wanting to get as much as I can for my quad which I don’t really want to get rid of in the first place…. Next time, I’ll just give my stuff away and make ya happy…. After all, my bills will magically disappear then ....right ::)….

I would love to see you go up against a 450 as you would get dominated. You better bring your boys for that one because the **** is getting ****** deep.
Like it's been said before this is an open forum, people are going to tell you what they think, I don't give a **** if you like it or not, and if you think it's not the right thing to do in you're thread.

BTW: if you have any questions about the selling/buying rules of this forum you can view them at the top of the page.

Then bring one… talk is cheap bubba… but since that’ll never happen…tell ya what I’ll do when I’m healed up… I’ll get some video of my 400 for ya to watch…. :eek:

this is a great selling point here, I'll make sure and add it to my things of what not to do when trying to sell something. Don't list all the stuff done to a quad that you're asking way to much for. . must not really care or really nothing done to acount for.

this is a great selling point here, I'll make sure and add it to my things of what not to do when trying to sell something. Don't list all the stuff done to a quad that you're asking way to much for. . must not really care or really nothing done to acount for.

Ok….ok… you got it all figured out… ::). Yep, its just a pure stock 400ex… ;D and I mean bone stock, nothing done… ;) it doesn’t even run that good, its really slow :D…geeeez, get a clue… my claims are real…. I can and will back them up… don’t believe it, that’s your problem… I offered to back it up…what did you offer to do, that’s right run your mouth….Your are right about one thing though, I really don’t care what you think!... please, just move on...

[quote:lqo6c3c5]this is a great selling point here, I'll make sure and add it to my things of what not to do when trying to sell something. Don't list all the stuff done to a quad that you're asking way to much for. . must not really care or really nothing done to acount for.

Ok….ok… you got it all figured out… ::). Yep, its just a pure stock 400ex… ;D and I mean bone stock, nothing done… ;) it doesn’t even run that good, its really slow :D…geeeez, get a clue… my claims are real…. I can and will back them up… don’t believe it, that’s your problem… I offered to back it up…what did you offer to do, that’s right run your mouth….Your are right about one thing though, I really don’t care what you think!... please, just move on... [/quote:lqo6c3c5]

you obviously do as you keep responding to my posts.

[quote:yqtt94rg]

you obviously do as you keep responding to my posts.

geeeez dude, thanks for the flash back to kindergarten... but seriously grow up... this is my thread... of course I'm gonna reply to posts in MY FOR SALE THREAD.... ::)[/quote:yqtt94rg]

I suppose it keeps you're thread at the top of the page.

First I want to wish you good luck with selling you bike, in all honesty. Now that that's out of the way maybe I can give you an idea what a used 400ex is worth. I know from first hand experience. Here's a SMALL portion of what my ex had:

GT Thunder built 416
ported and polished
11:1
HD timing chain and studs
full pipe/K&N/jets
Fullbore plastics
Full powdercoating
HSD Strong Arms
JB Racing swingarm
Durablue axle and hubs
Works triple rates up front with rezzies
Works Ultra in rear with rezzie
Hiper wheels and Razr2 tires

I could go on and on with the mods and money invested. Bottom line is that when it came time to sell, it was still only worth 3Gs. You can buy a brand new 400ex for $4999 any day of the week from a lot of dealers. It's a nice bike and looks really clean, but getting the money back out of them is next to impossible. Just like a car. You bolt on $3500 worth of wheels and tires and throw $7000 into the stereo but when it comes time to sell or trade, the car is still only worth bluebook. Again, not trying to slam you and I do wish you luck selling, but it's going to be rough for that price. Part out the aftermarket and sell stock for a much lower price, you'll get closer to what you want that way.

[quote:pbs6ns7y]

geeeez dude, thanks for the flash back to kindergarten... but seriously grow up... this is my thread... of course I'm gonna reply to posts in MY FOR SALE THREAD.... ::)

I suppose it keeps you're thread at the top of the page. [/quote:pbs6ns7y]

By replying to any thread, yes that is one of the many products....

First I want to wish you good luck with selling you bike, in all honesty. Now that that's out of the way maybe I can give you an idea what a used 400ex is worth. I know from first hand experience. Here's a SMALL portion of what my ex had:

GT Thunder built 416
ported and polished
11:1
HD timing chain and studs
full pipe/K&N/jets
Fullbore plastics
Full powdercoating
HSD Strong Arms
JB Racing swingarm
Durablue axle and hubs
Works triple rates up front with rezzies
Works Ultra in rear with rezzie
Hiper wheels and Razr2 tires

I could go on and on with the mods and money invested. Bottom line is that when it came time to sell, it was still only worth 3Gs. You can buy a brand new 400ex for $4999 any day of the week from a lot of dealers. It's a nice bike and looks really clean, but getting the money back out of them is next to impossible. Just like a car. You bolt on $3500 worth of wheels and tires and throw $7000 into the stereo but when it comes time to sell or trade, the car is still only worth bluebook. Again, not trying to slam you and I do wish you luck selling, but it's going to be rough for that price. Part out the aftermarket and sell stock for a much lower price, you'll get closer to what you want that way.

I appreciate you trying to help…. But however I do disagree…. I’m not gonna go into great detail, cause you have your opinion and I have mine… and that’s fine, I have no problem with that… but look at the custom car/truck market… customized cars/trucks bring more then stock cars/trucks do…a Lingenfelter Corvette is worth more then a stock Corvette and a Roush Mustang is worth more then a stock Mustang… but I will agree that when you build them, you don’t get all the money back that you put into them, but to say that there only worth the same as a stock piece is incorrect… yes, you can get a new 400ex for $4999… but I can guarantee that a new 400ex will not even come close to running like my 400 does… this is not a stock machine so when comparing, you can’t compare it to a stock machine… I have it priced, as how it performs, is there cheaper, yes, I’m sure… I’m not advertising this as the cheapest 400 on the market… to get something as quick as this your gonna have to pay this much or more… and at the end of the day, this is only my asking price… offers are always welcome…. Not to be rude, please don’t take offense to this, but I’m not asking what this thing is worth… now if someone is interested in buying it, I’m more then willing to listen to what they feel its worth to them, and I mean a real cash offer to purchase… but otherwise, I appreciate you trying to help, but I’m really not looking for what complete strangers that have never seen this in person nor rode it or rode with me think its worth just after reading about it on paper… and I only bring this up because it seems like my for sale thread has turned into that….if it sells, great I really could use the money to pay some of my medical bills, but if it don’t… oh well, I have it to ride when I’m all healed up…. This is a great running 400ex, its not your average running 400, I don’t think its wrong to say that its rare for a 400 to run this good.. so the price should reflect that... Fact of the matter is, not all 400’s are worth the same, yes we can talk in general.. but it comes down to a lot of factors…

I'm not expectiong to get into this further than this comment, so don't expect a rebuttal from me.
But The front end looks wider than just flipped rims, not sure if it is or not. But with stock suspension, wouldn't the front end be Way soft? On top of that would it make the front dive in the corners, squat badly under braking especially in the harder stuff, and make braking bumps really hard to negotiate?
~Bill

I'm not expectiong to get into this further than this comment, so don't expect a rebuttal from me.
But The front end looks wider than just flipped rims, not sure if it is or not. But with stock suspension, wouldn't the front end be Way soft? On top of that would it make the front dive in the corners, squat badly under braking especially in the harder stuff, and make braking bumps really hard to negotiate?
~Bill

Maybe its just me, but by the way you made your comment it seems like you’re only wanting to stir the pot and get your jab in…. The use of the word “rebuttal” alone refers to a denial and has a negative tone to it…maybe I’m wrong, and if that wasn’t your intentions, I’m sorry, but this thread has turned into a negative magnet toward my quad for some reason…but as you can see in the photos, the rims are just flipped though…. and there is no ill-effects to the handling because of it… it handles great for me….. Now I actually have a question for you ---------> Are you interested in this quad?

You keep responding like that and it's no wonder that this thread is full of negative comments tords you and you're quad.

Sorry Folks. Either get back on topic or I am going to start deleting posts. This guy is trying to sell a quad here. Either be helpful and hand out other websites he can list it on or move on. He knows what he wants for the quad so make an offer or don't, its simple.

We are all one community. We all enjoy the ATV sport. We are all old enough to get along with one another. This is not directed towards any certain person. If you have any other comments feel free to PM them directly to me. Otherwise like stated above further comments will be deleted.

If he doesn't list his mods no one is ever gonna take this listing seriously at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back