Elite vote Sparkymichigan

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky's elite vote

• Yes

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think u have a great bike, I dont think it has to be a full on race quad to be elite.. My opinion we have warriors cuz there arguably the best trail bike... My vote ELITE..

Reliability, I've already been through a set of rings in a year
Id go with a different piston and ring set up then! Mine was done 2 Years ago and it dosent have one problem and on top of it no oil cooler but when I called alba racing they told me to make sure I use vertex piston and rings If something happens!

Id go with a different piston and ring set up then! Mine was done 2 Years ago and it dosent have one problem and on top of it no oil cooler but when I called alba racing they told me to make sure I use vertex piston and rings If something happens!It should last for years they said!
So Im gonna add a oil cooler to be safe!

^^^Goin with this mans opinion here... Being elite in my eyes is a complete resto like Pats doin.

So I've become the poster child for elite builds, now? Lol

I dont think a full off the frame build makes them elite! Its what you make it! And if you look at the elite warriors now not all of them have been full restores!

It's not that they HAVE to be a full engine out resto. But, if you saw my bike before I took it apart, it was an ugly, 25 year old rat. Mechanically sound with a well built engine and some of my own fab work? Yes. But, by NO means could I have obtained Elite status just by adding parts. Hell, I've run for QOTM 3 times, and all three times I lost to a bike that had WAY less performance parts then mine, but, it looked TONS better.

There are many bikes out there that can be cleaned up without a complete tear down, and that is cool. But, I think that doing a complete resto really makes it your own, and shows you are WAAAAYYY to involved with your Warrior. Lol. I view it like I view classic & muscle cars/trucks. I don't go to a car show and look at a vehicle that is a couople years old, and the owner threw on a cold air intake, wheels/tires, programmer, and ground effects, then call it a "show car", or, "muscle car". I'd much rather see a car that is nearly all original, that shows someone truely cared for it. And I like cars that have been a complete body off resto. Those are the reall cars...

It's not that they HAVE to be a full engine out resto. But, if you saw my bike before I took it apart, it was an ugly, 25 year old rat. Mechanically sound with a well built engine and some of my own fab work? Yes. But, by NO means could I have obtained Elite status just by adding parts. Hell, I've run for QOTM 3 times, and all three times I lost to a bike that had WAY less performance parts then mine, but, it looked TONS better.

There are many bikes out there that can be cleaned up without a complete tear down, and that is cool. But, I think that doing a complete resto really makes it your own, and shows you are WAAAAYYY to involved with your Warrior. Lol. I view it like I view classic & muscle cars/trucks. I don't go to a car show and look at a vehicle that is a couople years old, and the owner threw on a cold air intake, wheels/tires, programmer, and ground effects, then call it a "show car", or, "muscle car". I'd much rather see a car that is nearly all original, that shows someone truely cared for it. And I like cars that have been a complete body off resto. Those are the reall cars...

Well said bud. The way mine looked when i started with it, most would have taken it straight to the scrap yard

Dont get me wrong sparky, still got a nice warrior for sure. Takes a die hard warrior fan to mod them like we all have. Most would have just gotten a 450, but thats the easy way out.

:tup:

I agree there lol!:tup:

I got voted in with off the shelf parts.

He's done a **** ton to this thing. Coulda built3 machines with the parts he didn't like. It was a frame off build, he built it as a sleeper. Not a show bike.

033211AB-32ED-4105-ABBF-62833AA2CF3D-2283-0000032C5A51678F_zps45c22fe6.jpg

5B01208A-0527-4EFD-9ED8-A1E344B2511F-2283-0000032CDFDD77DC_zps1045a6d7.jpg

A couple of before " just got her" photos

Thought at some point I would sit down and write a build thread.
I learned a few lessons from the "I think it'll work" information.
Sorry I didn't post them earlier.

If the ships internet was better i'd post more pics. I took them the whole stage of what I did.
Might be able to find more in the What did you do thread.
Remember Pat you told me I was an idiot for selling the pristine 1987 I had? LOL

WTF lol that was a clean first gen lol I want my Vote BACK.......................................................... Lol just kiddin but first gens arent a dime a dozen anymore though

Back