dream car

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats really a matter of opinion in my eyes. I personally prefer a turbo, boost almost when ever I want it. Low RPM's with a blower, little to no boost.

well in my high performance i only play with v8's and on a v8 if your doing forced induction a blower is all there is in my eyes

My money is no object dream car is a 1967 Shelby GT500. A real one not some type of clone.

But since I do live in reality Ive already acquired one of my dream cars. My 1988 TBird Turbo Coupe, numbers are dwindling already so prices are going up.
DSCF0551.jpg
NO BOOST CONTROLLER PLEASE!!!!!!! my best friend put one on his and blew it up at +2 psi boost.:tdown:

Hey dont dis turbo's!!! They are the replacement for displacement. Go ahead and dis it for being an import and riced out all you want though.
:thanks:<--- this smiley is stupid but fits! and it will be riced the **** out! and will be a rally car.

my whole truck project and all (price of truck included) is gonna come in at or under $20k and thats with $5k worth of hotchkis suspension under it and $3500 in the engine

turbos belong on a diesel :p superchargers belong on gas engines

well in my high performance i only play with v8's and on a v8 if your doing forced induction a blower is all there is in my eyes
I used to be all about V8's, but everyone is doing that. Same thing with the imports. Thats why I went something a little different, my car stock has more horsepower than most small block V8's of the 80's. For example a stock standard output 302 in 88 was rated at 165hp, My TC stock out the door 190hp with 4 less cylinders. which is also not to far below a 5.0 HO. With the small cheap mods Ive done already Im probably already over what an HO put out. Oh and a diesel can be supercharged to!! Well Procharger supercharged. They put a pulley on that helps down low since diesels obviously are slow reving. Empire Diesel Performance just across the river from me is the first to make a kit to make it possible

NO BOOST CONTROLLER PLEASE!!!!!!! my best friend put one on his and blew it up at +2 psi boost.:tdown:
Then he did something wrong. Ive got a manual boost controller set at 15psi, with no problems. When I hit full boost its like a 2stroke power band. Once Ive got everything lined up for more fuel the boost is going up!!

Turbo for diesel, super charger for efi, blower for carbed. Imo, there is too damn much to do for a turbo. Mainly so if you use an intercooler. These new deisels have so much **** shoved under the hood just for the turbo it isn't funny. Adding a turbo to a non turbo vehicle can be a bitch. The kits are expensive, and if you make it yourself, the fitment is usually a motherf***er. All the superchargers made for non S/C vehicles are all bolt on, and many fit without hardly any modding, or major modding. I would love to put one on my 8.1, but, it is (A) too expensive, and (B) they don't make one for the Allison equipt trucks. I'm sure it can be hooked up, but, there is no sense in looking into it.

probley end up costing round 20-25 grand. its not a super expensive (40k) project!

my whole truck project and all (price of truck included) is gonna come in at or under $20k and thats with $5k worth of hotchkis suspension under it and $3500 in the engine

My car when done will probably still be under both of yours prices!!!:laughup:

thats why i'm building a sbc 302... NO ONE is doing it and even fewer are putting them in trucks... and even fewer are building them for 500+hp AND putting them in a c10

This is one of my dream cars, and I MAY just own one by the end of the month. Same color as this, only with a black vinyl top, and hood loovers.

images

but it wont be has badass to look at or drive as a c10 that handles like a corvette
My car already has good handling in stock form. Aftermarket shocks and struts are about the only thing I would have to buy new to make it handle any better. Lowering and even better handling can be acheived by using newer mustang coil springs. I actually have to try to make the tires break loose in a corner to slide it at all. She handles like she's on rails already. My Tbird was way ahead of its time when it was designed. It has some options that werent seen agian for years after the Fox Tbirds went bye bye. That are now standard equipment.

My car already has good handling in stock form. Aftermarket shocks and struts are about the only thing I would have to buy new to make it handle any better. Lowering and even better handling can be acheived by using newer mustang coil springs. I actually have to try to make the tires break loose in a corner to slide it at all. She handles like she's on rails already. My Tbird was way ahead of its time when it was designed. It has some options that werent seen agian for years after the Fox Tbirds went bye bye. That are now standard equipment.

thats my point. my truck handles like **** stock. i like things DIFFERENT sure there are lots of restored c10s on the road and at shows but only 1 in 7k of them will take turns like a vette and handle like a dream! you can bout make ANY car handle good but only a few trucks have good enough aftermarket support to handle good.

and just listen to this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjZZ68ld-w&list=UL
friggin orgasmic!!!

and you just cant get this sound out of a turbo'ed ricer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9mCItY-2lU

dammit now i gotta go count the cash in the truck funds

total cost for parts for my subie is 15 grand plus 10 for the car! that is a cheap dream car.

Back