dream car

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the durango gets 22mpg hwy normally! (make shure the o2 sensors are good in these things and they get extremely good gas mileage!)

I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys on the 6.2. Biggest pieces of sit I've ever seen. It's just a 350 with diesel heads put on, that's one of the reasons the crank breaks. A 350 crank was never designed to handle that. Hell my dad had a 350 that broke 2 different cranks at about exactly 80000 miles each.

I'll stick with my 2000 7.3, it may not win any races but it will pull anything i put behind it with ease. It'll even handle over 4000 pounds in the bed and barely squat.
Like Pat said, I think you have the wrong motor?
The Olds 350 diesels were plagued with problems... I believe thats why GM opted to use different company to build their diesels.. The 6.2 is a bread of cat all it's own. They were built by Detroit Diesel.

I think you are referring to the olds 350 diesel
Talk'n about gutless diesels.. :tdown:

On the subject of gas milage, a 04 Chevy suburban will not get any better then 17 although a 05 scion tc stick will get 33 if you drive it right my sis has one and avgs28 all day, my 96 6.5 gets 23-25 on average but you get some bad diesel and your gonna roll Cole all day changing gears lol fun truck rides like a catty and will pull anything and still get 18-21

Like Pat said, I think you have the wrong motor?
The Olds 350 diesels were plagued with problems... I believe thats why GM opted to use different company to build their diesels.. The 6.2 is a bread of cat all it's own. They were built by Detroit Diesel.

Talk'n about gutless diesels.. :tdown:

Yeah the 350 olds was junk. Good idea, poorly exicuted. Guys use the blocks and crank for drag cars. Both are beefed up, forged crank w/big block sized mains, thick freakin webs... They will handle 700hp.

The 6.2 was a purpose built diesel from gm's detroit diesel. It was built for fuel economy, not massive power numbers. THe 6.5 is the same engine, but with 26ish more displacement, and a turbo. There are several different variants of the 6.5.

my 03 silverado gets around 13-15 if im nice to it. Best I ever got was 17 with a full load in the bed.

You all want to see pics. I never said me and Dad finished it. But it is complete. And pretty straight.
But I can post pics

Last edited:
51 Merc Leadslead. Flat black, chopped, bagged and shaved.
75799.jpg

OR a 67 Lincoln Continental, Blacked out
Lincoln-model-0.jpg

OR..........this list could go on forever for me, but its all stuff you unlikely guess.

^ I love the old Continentals!
Dream vehicle would be a Stewart's Raceworks luxury F-150 4x4 pre-runner
A 1000 hp CTS-V would be alright too (and cost less than half of the truck)
I wouldn't trade my stock raptor for a CTS-V though.

Latest posts

Back