Do You Have A Chest Protector?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Brand loyal means that you automatically dismiss all other brands without consideration. I am somewhat brand loyal to Thor. I like their apparel, but as far as protective gear I want the one that feels the best and protects the most. That is why I have Alpine Star boots rather than thor. Not that there is anything wrong with thor boots, or four, or fox. And if someone is wearing more than one brand of clothing/apparel, they cannot be considered brand loyal.

Of course someone who wears the same brand of apparel all of the time may just be afraid the fashion police will cite them for their clothes not matching...lol

No big deal, man. Most of us are at least to an extent. Like I said, I prefer thor clothes. All of my son's clothes are Thor as well. But I'll check more into chest protectors before I buy one because I want the one that I'll be most comfortable in and still be protected in case I screw up on a rocky trail again...lol Which I'm sure I will.

I liked the thor better just for the fit and comfort level, and I've taken enough nasty spills to say that the thing will take a beating. The way the thor force protector fits inside of a all weather riding jacket will amaze you!!! Either will save your ass when it comes down to it!!!

This is the chest protector i have. IMO it looks better and it is really comfortable on me if i were u i would get this one, but thats just me. ;D

e14033001.jpg

That's what I am saying - I try on all brands in the store and 9 times out of 10 the fox gear just gives better protection (from what I see inspecting the products in our shop and trying them on, we deal in Fox, Thor, Shift, Oneal, Moose, and many others). Now if thor turned around and made something better then Fox (such as their camelpack that i have) then Id buy that as well; I don't dismiss any company just cause of the name.

i didnt say the company was bad... just i prefer thor ;D :-*
just cuz i said i prefer thor doesnt mean i shut every other brand out... i just happen to like the looks of most of thors riding gear.....

The thor protector looks thinner, but it's strength is none the less. That plastic takes some serious hits and still doesn't break.

yea, fortunately i havent had any bad spills, so i havent quite "tested" its durability...yet

I'd guess that all of the major brands are good quality. But when it comes to safety, I'd rather check em out before ordering. My little bro has a Thor force so I know what they are like. I'm gonna check out those fox ones like Death posted too. If it helps one time, it's worth the money. There was a guy at a private riding area about an hour and half from here that wrecked his bike and hit a 3" diameter tree. His chest collapsed because of the handle bars and a rib punctured his heart and lungs. A nurse or doctor at the hospital said that if he'd had a chest protector on, he would probably have lived. The chest protector may not be really made for that but it would have dispersed the blow over a greater area. I think they call em roost deflector and say that is what they are for because if they said they would prevent chest injuries in a wreck it would open them up for lawsuits.

IF ANY OF YA'LL DON'T HAVE A HELMET, PLEASE GET AND WEAR ONE! I'd hate to hear from one of your parents on here saying that you loved to ride but wrecked and hit something with your head and are dead. A lot of people don't get a second chance on helmets. We all enjoy a dangerous sport whether you race, or ride tracks for fun, or trails for fun. The safety stuff may be hot and get in the way at times but once you get used to it, it's just another part of it. I'll quit preaching now

IF ANY OF YA'LL DON'T HAVE A HELMET, PLEASE GET AND WEAR ONE! I'd hate to hear from one of your parents on here saying that you loved to ride but wrecked and hit something with your head and are dead. A lot of people don't get a second chance on helmets. We all enjoy a dangerous sport whether you race, or ride tracks for fun, or trails for fun. The safety stuff may be hot and get in the way at times but once you get used to it, it's just another part of it. I'll quit preaching now

**cough cough marven** :p

Ha Ha, no name calling. I understand, believe me. I never wore one when I was a teenager because I didn't have one.

He said his girlfriend is getting him one for Christmas. GOOD GIRL!!!

Who would have thought that someone with a name like that (palefrey) is heterosexual! jk couldn't resist it bud.

The possum patrol or another group down here used to have a program to give helmets to people without them at the public trails.

Latest posts

Back