Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not if you buy the 400ex knuckles bolted to them! WITH the steel braided line! But, yes the ASR route is best. However, initial cost is way less...

Thanks Weston, That's what ive decided to do, I can get the +2's ASR with whatever basic color powdercoating for 440, Or I could get the FullFlight +2's for 370. Ive never rode on either one so I cant really compare. All day at work I have these damn builds running through my head, Still got a lot things I want to do to both my quads, But don't we all. Seems like every new part I get I add 3 more to the list. Thanks everyone for the compliments and opinions.

Thanks Kyle, I love your new carb/intake set up. At first I hated my edelbrock but now im so glad I got it, the throttle response is unreal.

Thanks Weston, That's what ive decided to do, I can get the +2's ASR with whatever basic color powdercoating for 440, Or I could get the FullFlight +2's for 370. Ive never rode on either one so I cant really compare. All day at work I have these damn builds running through my head, Still got a lot things I want to do to both my quads, But don't we all. Seems like every new part I get I add 3 more to the list. Thanks everyone for the compliments and opinions.

Spend the extra and get the ASR's. I bought some used Full Flights for my sons Raptor 350 just before we sold it, and I didn't like them. We just bought some ASR +3's for his new to him Raptor 660. Other than a snafu getting the wrong tie rods, I am very happy with them. They finally got the tie rod issue straightened out and the setup is awesome. By the way they took care of it in my favor to the tune of 4 12mm tie rod ends for free.

Thanks Midway for the heads up advice, I was leaning towards the ASR's, I see a lot more people with them so I know they must be great, Im gonna use my shocks that I have on it right now and get them resprung by GT Thunder so It should handle awesome. What shocks did you use with the ASR's??

Thanks for the quick reply, My current shocks are 08 YFZ's, My preload is awful. I spoke to Sparky a lot about this topic, He got his shortened for his setup, but I think they where the 17 or 18 inch YFZs. I have the Diamond J kit at its widest setting so Im assuming with the +2 ASR's it will be almost the same with a little more room, It will allow me to adjust my preload more. The services GT thunder offer with the dual rate conversion kit I can get the shock length changed if needed.

I never had YFZ shocks on either of my 350's. I would imagine it would be hard to get the preload soft enough without dual rate or even triple rate springs. On the 660 we had to run the threaded collars clear to the top for my weight. A guy on the Raptor Forums helped me with compression and rebound and it has worked well at the dunes for us.

I appreciate all the info, I know the member your talking about on raptorforum, Jogaca he's good with the YFZ's and 700 raptor shocks. My collars are threaded all the way to the top also on my 660. Ive spoke to some fellow XC riders and they said go with GT thunder for the heart transplant and conversion,so it looks like I will be getting the ASR +2s and GT thunder to do my shocks if needed.

With the dj kit on mine and the 450 shocks I went out tonight bump my preload up a ways and gave it a higher stance and it floats like a Cadillac in all the harsh runs

Man you guys make me want to ride so bad!

Beast measure those shocks before ordering arms. If they are 17.5-18 get lt 400ex arms, if they are 16" then get standard travel 400ex arms. Both set ups are long travel on a warrior just different shock lengths. I'm running ltr shocks and have 11.75" travel in the nose and a +1 swingarm and a 660 shock and have 10.5" in the rear of travel. So your going to love that front end! Floats like a dream and handles on rails.

Thanks @Ibjamm, And thanks for the measurements I was a little worried at first but after I received it and seen how large it was I knew I could make something happen. I just looked at your mod list and you got some nice parts

No problem. Glad I could help and thanks for the compliment. Also GT Thunder does some really nice work. Some of the guys on YFZCentral have gotten theirs revalved by them.

Last edited:
@lbjamm, A lot of my friends run GT thunder products and use their services, I know they are expensive but almost all aftermarket shocks are. I thought about buying a set of HLS shocks for the front, They are high quality and there customer service is awesome. I looked at your quad and its badass, I didn't even know you had a lot of the parts on it, Take some pics and show that hard work off lol.

Nope. There are two reasons. 1 is that the mounts apn a Honda frame are 3/16" closer together then a warrior so they almost fit but not quite. 2 the shocks on a Honda bolt on 3/4" further forward. So with out heims to correct both of these issues you can't get the a arms to work with out cutting and welding on new a arm mounts

Damn, Thanks for the quick reply. ASR's it is then, Im done looking around. Either way I go I know its gonna be a hefty payout I honestly dread to see how much its gonna be to do this the way I want. But its better to do it right the first time than have it fail months later.

Latest posts

Back