DeadLast

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeadLast What holds your oil cooler in place?

4 Zip ties.

did you ever do the rappy clutch mod? if so how did ya like it? also glad to hear she is up and running again.

I sure did. LOVE it. Super easy install and the pull is perfect! Highly suggest it.

Well, I got it running and idling perfect last night. Didn't rip on it yet thou but MAN, i can already tell from how it sounds and revs out that the pep is WWAAAYYYY better now and its gunna be one hell of a ride. Pics and video this weekend.

P6090714.jpg

P6090713.jpg

P6090712.jpg

P6090711.jpg

P6090710.jpg

P6090709.jpg

P6090708.jpg

P6090707.jpg

P6090706.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO476sy_qA4&feature=youtu.be

I was tippin back some Long Islands all day. I think it makes me sluur a little. Hahaha. I did get out and hit some small trails. WOW, top end is definitely there now.....top speed, I'm gunna miss it. The added pep is a much welcomed change. Cant wait to really get out into a bigger area and really rip into it. Coming out of corners now is a ton of fun. Kicking the back end with the +3 swingger and the bite of the engine work. Fun stuff. Not gunna win a drag race, but fast slow tight trails, this thing will dominate! More reviews and video to come.

Thanks guys.

I think the opening looks weird. I have some mesh I'm thinking about putting in there.

Well guys, I tore **** up over the weekend. Spent 4 day riding in Wayne National Forest. Put around 70miles on it. Super happy with the madcow. The thing RIPPPSSSS. The new cam and head work was WELL worth it. I need to up my front sprocket to a 14 thou, rev out in 1st to fast and the top end isn't there like I'd want but 2nd 3rd and 4th are spot on. The gitty up is wicked fun to rip when in the tight stuff.

Did some all out techical stuff, a few hill climbs and it all left me with a smile on my face.

Sadly, I hate the engien thou......hahah. My LITTLE brother have a 450r and a outlaw 525. There quads are stupid fast. Once you feel that quickness, you realise how limited the 350 is. But I'll still beat the snot out of it.

ALSO, It burns oil like a motherfucker. I went through adding a quart over the days. I have a small leak on the stator cover side (as It always finds a way out, my engine sure loves to bleed) and I belive my rings need replaced, which I should of done when I had it apart.

My question now is, just replace the rings? Should I up to a 85mm or does it need re-sleeved? Lots of headscratching going on right now. Kind of pissed I have to tear into it again. The Fiancé isn't gunna be to happy either as I promised her I'm done with it. Hahaha

Go-pro action video I'll post up soon. Got some really good/cool footage. Sadly thou, I filled the memory and killed the battery before I got to any hill climbs. I'll get some of those soon enough.

"Sadly, I hate the engien thou......hahah. My LITTLE brother have a 450r and a outlaw 525. There quads are stupid fast. Once you feel that quickness, you realise how limited the 350 is. But I'll still beat the snot out of it. "

Sucks don't it?! I really like the warrior. It would be nice to step up but I'm not impressed with the 400ex (even though I like Honda), I'm not a Suzuki guy (so doubtfull I'd get a z400), none of the 450's have reverse (except Kawasaki, again not a big fan), and the raptor 700 is just too much bike for my trails. The warrior suits me and my needs just fine. Got it tuned great right now, can't wait to get the stroker done!

"My question now is, just replace the rings? Should I up to a 85mm or does it need re-sleeved? Lots of headscratching going on right now. Kind of pissed I have to tear into it again. The Fiancé isn't gunna be to happy either as I promised her I'm done with it. Hahaha"

Was the cylinder in good shape when you had the head off? If so, hone it and replace the rings. That's what I'd do.

"Go-pro action video I'll post up soon. Got some really good/cool footage. Sadly thou, I filled the memory and killed the battery before I got to any hill climbs. I'll get some of those soon enough.[/QUOTE]"

Isn't that how it always works^^^! Lol

Was the cylinder in good shape when you had the head off? If so, hone it and replace the rings. That's what I'd do.

yeah, the cylinder seemed just fine, even still had some honing marks on it, thats why I thought It would be ok. but, its smoking bad, really bad. Just want to make sure just rings will fix it so I wont have to tear into it for a third time.

My rule of thumb is, if there is healthy crosshatch left, just hone it and rering it, or new piston and rings. Pull it down and run a bore mic down it and see what it says. If you don't mind 12:1, '00 WO YA! has an 85mm JE forsale.

Back