Custom Turbo Kit For Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nobody uses peak, it's not a true measurement of power. From what I can understand/figure out, those spikes in the dyno chart come from the engine building up momentum between shifts, and hitting hard in the next gear. Just like if you rev up the engine on a car and drop it into gear it'll launch quicker because of the engine and flywheel's rotational momentum.

I think the actual power of a stock one is 21 at the output shaft, 18-19 at the wheels. You definitely didn't double stock horsepower with the few mods you have.
i didnt think it was 21 at the rear wheels, since i got up to about 25hp after the build (before everything got broken in, might be more now, but if so not much more). i know i didnt double the stock hp with those mods, id probably have to do a 400 stroker kit to do that. that all gear run is just peak hp, not really usable. its shifting through the gears and hitting it pretty hard. the normal, usable hp is running in one gear (probably second or third) and sampling on the dyno. that turbo kit would be fun if it didnt look like crap. ive seen one done on a different quad (dont remember what kind, might have been a rappy 660) that was done much better. google something like "atv turbo kits" and you might find it.

ive done alot of turbo setups in cars...and for a G note....that doesnt look like a bad deal at all.....most intercoolers alone run 5-600 bucks. I dont know about runnin 14lbs of boost in a bike that has this high of compression.....but hey whatever floats yer crank!!!

ive done alot of turbo setups in cars...and for a G note....that doesnt look like a bad deal at all.....most intercoolers alone run 5-600 bucks. I dont know about runnin 14lbs of boost in a bike that has this high of compression.....but hey whatever floats yer crank!!!

Or just plain snaps it in half!!!!!!

Arias makes custom pistons, so if you really wanted to make a high boost warrior, its possible. I sure they would make you a piston thats a little shorter, in fact if you used their 12:1 piston without a dome im sure it would be lower than stock.

yea but when you boost a car...u want to get LOW compression ( around 8:1) you dont want to run a lot of boost on a motor with 12:1 compression.

With my current setup it should have a 45 to 50 hp output minimum, that's with the 10hp shot I'm starting with. You would be surprised how much our motor can handle, but you have to watch the cylinder pressures and the stock connecting rod setup. If you use the hotrods crank assembly, tough aftermarket clutch, and some insane gaskets you can really haul some ass and keep your reliability. It all comes down to quality of parts used, cleanliness during assembly, and proper installation/maintenance.

yea but when you boost a car...u want to get LOW compression ( around 8:1) you dont want to run a lot of boost on a motor with 12:1 compression.

Im saying if you used a 12:1 piston that was domeless. Because of the dome the piston itself sits lower in the cylinder to allow for head clearence, so if you got an arias without the 12:1 dome on top and just flat, it would be lower than stock.

Has anyone seen the electronic supercharger, called the e-RAM. Im not sure if its compatible with our engine but it seems like a cost effective mod. I emailed the company and if it works with my setup im goona get it.

Has anyone seen the electronic supercharger, called the e-RAM. Im not sure if its compatible with our engine but it seems like a cost effective mod. I emailed the company and if it works with my setup im goona get it.

Electric superchargers are a scam, they don't do a damn thing except drain your battery and make noise. Just screw a couple old computer fans to your airbox lid, it'll do the same thing.

cost effective? it looked to me like it was something from about $200-600! doesnt seem very cost effective to me unless it doubled your hp, but from what yamarider says i dont think it would do that. not sure how it would work, but doesnt look like a very high quality product. there are a lot of scams and crappy products out there, so be careful

Well, they claim something like 2 psi boost, but that's 2 psi if that supercharger is blowing against a closed carburetor. When the throttle is wide open (the only time the electric supercharger runs) the engine flows just as much air as the fan can put out, and doesn't gain any power, and quite possibly even loses power.

If you have a strong enough gasket and rod you could still maintain your compression ratio. The problem is that you'll also need to run race gas and retard your ignition so it doesn't detonate. A top end cam with some huge duration is in order also with boost, supercharger or nos, it'll work much better that way.

Back