Custom Turbo Kit For Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but hell for 1k+ id just have a **** load of motor work done to mine for that price...

Yeha **** spending a grand for that. I would think for a ratty kit like that it would be a lot less.

That guy who made it didn't even spend over 150 bucks on all that crap...His labor isn't worth over 800 dollars..

Yeah, instead of getting that just overbore and do other engine mods and you could go just as fast or faster maybe.

Id hope with $1000 in engine work you could go over 77mph and possibly have 55 horse.
She sure would rip though. I bet that **** adds 50-70lbs You could probly find a streetbike motor for half the cost and possibly fab it in.

Id hope with $1000 in engine work you could go over 77mph and possibly have 55 horse.
She sure would rip though. I bet that **** adds 50-70lbs You could probly find a streetbike motor for half the cost and possibly fab it in.

I have well over 1000 dollars in motor work alone and i would be lucky to pull a number close to 35. And thats doing all the work myself, for a shop to do everything ive done it would be well over the 2000 mark.

The warrior isnt really a high horsepower motor, although there are some nice power adders (such as nitrous... Boxhead?)

I find this set-up to be very interesting, i have wondered about a real trubo set-up on a warrior and i glad ive finally seen one. If i had enough money and enough know-how id try it myself.

$1000 in motor work you only gained 14 hp??? That seems low to me considering it has 21 hp stock . Whats that alba 400 kit get ya? its just shy of $1000 after core charge . I figured that and a pipe and filter youd be lookin more like 40 or so?? No, damn Im wasting my time!

I cant believe someone would waste their time and money to make a turbo for the warrior. If I wanted to have that much power and go faster i would just buy a faster quad.

$1000 in motor work you only gained 14 hp??? That seems low to me considering it has 21 hp stock . Whats that alba 400 kit get ya? its just shy of $1000 after core charge . I figured that and a pipe and filter youd be lookin more like 40 or so?? No, damn Im wasting my time!

Add up the numbers... MY pipe and filter were good for at the most maybe 5-6, thats 300 dollars spent. Webcam and TIT springs was good for maybe 3 horses, thats near 200 bucks for those. Arias piston and .20 over bore were good for maybe 1-2 horses, thats another 200. Edelbrock with all other parts was worth maybe 5 horsepower, thats 400 bucks.

Total amount in money spent- 1100, thats not counting all the misc parts i had to replace.

Total est. horsepower gain- 14-16 horses.

Sad but true for the most part. The only thing left to do to the motor is porting, dyna ignition, some other minor things. For the price of a good port i cant justify spending the money for maybe 1-2 horses. If i do anything else to the motor it will be a dyna igntion just because of the tuing. Now im talking keep it on the stock bore, if i stroked it theres a whole new alley of power there.

Even with the 400 stroker kit, with no porting, no edelbrock or equal carb upgrade, no ignition... etc. Id say you would be lucky to touch 40, actually id estimate anything between 30-40

These are just esitmations, you have to consider, a stock 400 ex has around 25-28 horsepower, and a stock yfz comes in right around or over 40. If you are getting over 30 horses from a warrior you will be able to stay with most all sport quads to a point.

I dont doubt that at all ! Im going with the raptor 700 maybe next year or the year after depending on what comes out in the future. The one I rode was just all around fun and the guy only had about $500 in mods other than that it was stock. Fit me well being a big guy and I felt like I had quite a bit of control. What kinda power are those putting out?? 45 ?more or less?

Horsepower isnt to easy to make with little money Adam....not for a quad atleast...and for the turbo,it looks like someone cut it up off a pos honda,never liked turbos.....now if there was a supercharger..Hell Yeah, thats my taste!

horsepower is definitely not cheap. by the way, where are people getting the info that a warrior puts out 21hp stock? is that at the rear wheels or the motor? when i got my engine work done we did an all gear run on the dyno (actually only up to 5th) and it put out about 38hp. heres the thread: http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=pictures&action=display&thread=1138242607 its not really usable hp, but peak. id venture to say thats what the 21hp stock is, but i could be wrong. if anyone knows, let me know.

nobody uses peak, it's not a true measurement of power. From what I can understand/figure out, those spikes in the dyno chart come from the engine building up momentum between shifts, and hitting hard in the next gear. Just like if you rev up the engine on a car and drop it into gear it'll launch quicker because of the engine and flywheel's rotational momentum.

I think the actual power of a stock one is 21 at the output shaft, 18-19 at the wheels. You definitely didn't double stock horsepower with the few mods you have.

dsw why dont you post up pics of your quad (you have been going for that silent theeme)

Well i would post up pictures, but i have no recent ones and as of now the frame is bent and most of the parts are off the frame.

I do have some old pictures, but that was back when i was running a DG exhaust, hotcam, and a wiseco. If you want to see them i could post them, but it doesnt really look much like that anymore.

Back