clutch issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevy68

Reaction score
any of you ever burn out or have there CLUTCH HOUSING and or CLUTCH CARRIER ASSY slip? from what i see the clutch disks look glazed over and very warn out one end....

what i noticed was it not grabbing until higher rpms, so i changed to a new belt and that did not help so i took more apart and found this,seems like it grabs ok from mid to high range , but very little at the low end...

i also noticed there is alot more noise coming from the bottom end...at least that where it sounds like. my hope is the berring in the carrier is the cause of the noise...

anyone have any problems like this? is it comon? i do run bigger tires but have the epi clutch kit installed....i am worried the epi kit is not enough to keep up with the tires...

did you get the epi clutch kit for oversized tires and the correct altitude?

well I got my wolvy all back together this week and took it out for a rip today,

I swapped out the epi wet clutch springs to the stock springs ( with all new wet clutches) blue secondary epi spring and I also changed out the weights ( rollers ) to the hauck custom weights set at 17.4 grams each with the newly machined sheave ... I must say I like the set up much better than when I had the epi wet springs installed. I never really liked the stall it created, I found I never really had much control with feathering the gas over obstacles, the machined sheave gives me that back with even more low end....so two thumbs up for the machined sheave...

well the verdict is in, motor is apart, and toast... the wet clutches burning up and getting sucked into the motor with the oil has scored the jug and collapsed a ring, all the oil gallies are plugged with silty wet clutch particals...... so i have ordered the 488 kit now and will go big i guess..... no sence doing a half arse job....

anyone know what the stock hp is on a 450 ? i would really like to know and then dyno mine after the kit is in..... sure hope i get the extra power i am expecting from this mod....

You will love the extra power of the 488 kit. But it does take some major machine work to get it done right. But you should be able to find someone to do it for you. Get the head ported while you have it off as well.

Latest posts

Back