Clutch Basket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: I think i got it figured out. guess i wasnt fully disengaged from reverse. now i can move the sprocket and everything moves like it should.

can i fully assemble the whole motor and slide it in the engine or do i have to install the jug and head on the motor after the bottom end is bolted in the frame?

also there isnt 2 washers behind the basket but it works now so is that okay? it just has that sleeve.

Last edited:
agh......Id put the whole thing to together and drop it in. but thats me, you can do it off, but gettin the head bolts in is tough, tight squeeze.

cool cool. i gotta decide if i wanna get my cylinder honed and put valve seals in or drop everything in now cause i wanna go ridin... haha

and its pretty much on hold cause im waiting for my timing chain and i need a new lock washer for the basket.

Last edited:
I can't find any taps that are 6-1.25 all I can find is 6-1.00. Could that be it?

Awesome I tapped it and it work. And I also got the Stuk bolt out of the case. Thanks for all the help guys.

Now just waiting on the parts to come in. And I'm taking the cylinder and head to a machine shop to get work done

I wonder if there gonna make me get a new piston or have my jug bored or just honed

I kinda wanna get a 366 piston kit and bring it to them and ask em to match em.

hey when i install these valve seals do i need to re lap the valves and replace the valve guides?

alright im gonna get a price at the shop wednesday.

i was just gonna do seals since i can do that myself, the guides i would have to have someone at a shop do.

well i was just plannin on getting valve seals, i dunno if i should replace all that. i really dunno if im actually gonna get new valve guides...

is there a way to test the valves if there leakin? with some kind of liquid poured down the valve and see if it leaks out the chamber?

Back