Clutch Basket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update! The basket doesn't spin because the gear the basket sprocket sits on doesn't move?

Because that's hooked directly to the crank you trying to turn the basket over is also trying to roll the motor over and you aren't going to turn it over by hand lol

^^ Yupp. Tellin you dude, get some leveage on there with a broke chain and long as its in neutral, it will spin when you pull the chain. There will be some resistance, enough to where your spinning the sprocket by hand wont cut it, dunno why, but thats just how it works. That's how it was with mine from what I remember.

Awesome thanks! I will try tonight after work!! I love this site haha. Thanks all I just thought I could spin the sprocket with my Hand. My old motor you ccould. Prolly cause it was junk! Haha

Yup yup. Everything is fully assembled except no timing chain

Cool. I'm gonna use the chain on the sprocket when I get home.

I just thought I'd be able to move everything since I thought if its in neutral everything should move! Thanks dudes!

When you try and move the crank there is a ton of friction in there and it has a ton of leverage on you and when you move the piston without a valve open you are createing a vacume or compression bot of which you can't do with your hand!

gotcha gotcha, yea i was just all confused with the whole situation cause i thought once the tranny is in neutral that everything frees up but the crank will still hold the compression and still lock everything up! i think what confused me was how everything moved with the head and jug off... cause there is no compression.

when you try and move the crank there is a ton of friction in there and it has a ton of leverage on you and when you move the piston without a valve open you are createing a vacume or compression bot of which you can't do with your hand!

yupp yupp!

Update: tried using the chain on the sprocket for more leverage and it didnt budge one bit and I was pulling pretty damn hard. Something just doesn't feel right.

Can It possibly be anythig else???

just a thought, you said that you don't have atiming chain on yet. Are your vavles both closed? if not you might hit them with the piston while trying to turn it

It doesn't feel like compression holding the sprocket. It feels like binding.

dude, hook it all up and get it in neutral. Does the quad roll? If so start that bitch up!

get us a video if what your doing if yah can. I'm lost.

Put the bottom end in the frame and hooked up the chain.

Nothing. Backs tires stay locked up. I have the quad in neural and reverse is not engaged.

Rolls fine with the clutch basket off. I'm gonna take off the head and jug again and look in there.

Back