case saver?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Probably mounts a little more solid than mine. I may work off your idea and make a plate like that. I made the mounting lip a little too thick and now it would be tough to make it thinner and keep the contour correct. Probably made it easier to fit the curve of the case?

Thanks I had to do it that way because of the frame gussets are in the way to build it like you built urs I like the way it looks too it took 3 hours to make that one but now I have a templetto work from

If one of you guys decides to mass make these, either 3rd party or your selfs, what would the cost for us be?

I dont think either could give a price till they decided either way. Alot would depend on the amount of material they would need. Buying in bulk always lowers the price.

I've done some rsearch and for me to bel ell them and come out even id have to sell 22 at 45 pluss ship and I. Would have material for about 40 in all

So to make a little profit you would need to sale that same figure at around 55-60 then. If just to break even and give us guys here a break it would be 45 either way thats plus shipping.

I think thats a good deal, what would these cost if a mass merchandiser or company sold them am sure it would be way more than the 45-60 dollar range am sure.

I've done some rsearch and for me to bel ell them and come out even id have to sell 22 at 45 pluss ship and I. Would have material for about 40 in all

Id definatley pay that to protect my case. Looks like it would fit in a small flat rate box which is around $5 to ship. Im sure if you advertise it on bluetraxx you could sell enough to make $$.

Yea anybody that has a warrior would want one, shoot even toss it on ebay bet you could even sale more that way.

I'm thinking about it me and a frinend could make 3 or more a Saturday if we did mass produce them people would hhaveto shave them to match their sprocket size. And its not cheap to get that much stuff to do it its the up front money that's going to be hard and they will be black instead of white teflon

Wouldn't be that hard to shave them down, dremal tool or something like that would work. And anybody that has tools has to have a dremal!!

I bet if you have a drill press and a set of hole saw bits there would be a much easier way.... or a small band saw. Doing it with a dremel would be a pain.

Yea a band saw scroll saw, jig saw something like that if the blade on the jig or scroll didn't crack it from the blade jumping up and down. But you can get bits for the dremal that will cut odd and end materials kinda like what they use in a lathe or cnc machine. I have one now I used on my mower to cut some metal off a gear to get a clean sharp edge and it worked great.

There's a place in fargo ND that makes "supperslide" bed liners for rock trucks and they can sell you 1 inch and 1.5 inch sheets/plates in 48X60inch peices and up its real expensive though but its almost like a rubber and slick as snot if its damp DON'T STEP ON IT or you will bust ur butt

Look for a local plastics place. There are some online plastics places that are pretty reasonable as well. HDPE is likely what you'd want, it's a nice slick plastic that easy to machine.

Back