case saver?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. NossMachine has them with the metal that sits between the chain and case. Kinda price buy will worth the peace of mind.

yea im gunna get one of them but i am kinda glad it broke cause i needed a new clutch cause it was slippin when u open it up, and I didnt put a new timing chain in it so i bought a did silent chain and, driveline clutch kit. with $35 case. and i only have 3 hours on my hours meter not even barely broke in... :(

You wouldnt want a metal/alum. case saver, always get plastic, the metal ones dont absorb impact like the plastic ones.

You wouldnt want a metal/alum. case saver, always get plastic, the metal ones dont absorb impact like the plastic ones.

Alium will absorb the impact. Polymer ones are the best but they don't make them for warriors. Plastic is too fragile, it'll break.

Working on making one for mine. Have some high impact nylon/polymer just about the right size so going to give it a whirl. Will try to take pics as I go. Without CNC, looks to be a lot of free hand work in the mill and with a die grinder.

Alium will absorb the impact. Polymer ones are the best but they don't make them for warriors. Plastic is too fragile, it'll break.
Sorry, when I said plastic, I was refering to polymer and other "non metal" case savers. I have heard of a chain breaking, and wrapping up and breaking the case! Just imagine that!

The one on my Banshee is high impact nylon. The whole idea is to fill the gap between the case and the chain/sprocket with as much material as possible without rubbing. This way if the chain breaks there is no room to wad up and it just feeds it on through and out on the ground. Nylon is better for sure but may not attach well on the Warrior case.

Good or bad here is my rendition of a Warrior case saver:

Roughing it out in the mill:
case_saver.jpg

Rough cut and ready to smooth on the belt sander and drill holes:
case_saver_1.jpg

I bolted it up to a bare case half I have and marked the center for the sprocket hole then roughed it out:
case_saver_2.jpg

case_saver_3.jpg

Start of free hand fitting:
case_saver_4.jpg

Getting close after a few test fits:
case_saver_5.jpg

case_saver_6.jpg

Finally there:
case_saver_7.jpg

Bolted in place to test fit the OEM cover:
case_saver_8.jpg

case_saver_9.jpg

Will drill the case holes out for steel spacers like the OEM cover and should be done. Hope I never need to test it out, but maybe it will help.

Yea no doubt if it works out good, and the price is right I bet you would sale alot of them on here.

How does the chain run with it that close? Does it hit the saver at all?

It touched a little but will do some more clearance work as I go. The whole idea is to have it run somewhat close to the chain so it has no where to bunch up if it breaks. The theory is that if it can't bunch up, it will just feed on through and onto the ground. I am sure there are exceptions and extreme cases where it won't matter and will still break things. Have a similar setup on my Banshee and have never had to test it either. Usually replace chains fairly regular.

Don't really intend to make any more. Too much time, and turned my finger into hamburger when the aluminum burr grabbed and bounced into my hand.

Last edited:
Back