Carb question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i got this bowl because mine was just junk and someone jb welded the bottom of it were the hole is in the bowl

yeah. thats why i was just going to buy a new carb because i cant find anyone that has a carb bowl for sale.

Since I derailed the thread a bit earlier. I can possibly help you out. I do have a Mikuni BTM carb that came on my raptor when I bought it. Everything on it works, but it does need a couple things. It needs the boot for the accelerator pump and it needs a new o-ring for the needle valve set. Also the cover for the throttle cable area had a crack in it and it was jbwelded. There is no leak and the crack is pretty small. Only reason I replaced the carb was to put an actual raptor OEM carb on my quad. I also did the pen spring and valve stem cap mod. My bike idled and had great throttle response with that carb on it. It seems like between the two carbs you would have one perfectly working one. I am not trying to get rich off it. I would probably take $50 + shipping for it. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:
yeah. thats why i was just going to buy a new carb because i cant find anyone that has a carb bowl for sale.

i have carb blow you can have for the cost of shipping it to you but part of accelerator pump rod suck in it and needs a good cleaning but hey its pretty much free !

hey guys i was playing with it today and got it fixed only problem now is it wont run it back fires and i have been playing with the fuel/air mixture screw and it still wont fire. it back fired real loud after a little while the back fire didnt sound as strong as it did do you know why? i got a little video of it.

Not much to go on there. It could be something as simple as a bad spark plug. To something as big as incorrect valve timing. I'd check to make sure you are getting fuel to the engine. Inspect or replace the plug. Make sure the intake manifold isn't torn, etc... If all that looks good, if could be an ignition or timing issue.

The spark plug is pretty much new naught it a few months ago and stator is new I looked and made sher it's sparking

hey guys my buddy who rebuilt my quad told me that i probley sheered the pen when i took the flywheel off.

Back