Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea check that fuel line! Bits of it could be getting into the carb and plugging up the works. And I think there is someone out there running that carb, too, '00.

Befor starting this tread I cleaned the crap out of the carb pulled the jets, I also changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, drained the gas tank, so I think I covered the basics. I am going to pull the carb again today to check it out. I want to get a good look at the float valve. When I cleaned it befor it was a little lean looking. It had some white soot on it. Looked like it needed some oil. I have read every thread on here about this carb. A few similar issues but they did not finish the tread or got off topic.

Guys, I might have discovered the issue. I just pulled the carb apart and the pilot looked clogged. I soaked it in carb cleaner and then blew it out with the air gun. What's weird is when I look threw it, it looks like there is a tiny screen in there? I can see light and it looks clean but when I tried feeding a piece of really thin gauge wire through it gets hung up. Really weird. It seems almost impossible to machine such a thing. But it looks like a crosshair site on a riffle scope and to perfect. I don't have another pilot yet to compare it to but this does not seem right? Everything else looks clean but both the inside sleeve and the float value seem a little dry. I'm definitely ordering a couple new pilots today. I was thinking another 50, 48, and a 45. I'm also going to get a 150 - 160 main jet kit. I will start with the pilot and see what happens.

Back