Camshaft walk?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I have a cam coming from a member on her. Also ordered a head gasket the oring for valve covers valve seals inner and outer bearing anything I'm missing? I'm taking apart the head tomorrow and putting it thru the parts washer clean it up good and lap the valves and put a coat of engine paint. The cylinders been bored already and has a wiseco piston.

1. Anything else i should do while the heads off.
2. The long head bolt are reusable right?
3. The outer bearing being pressed on does it need to be flush with the end or closest to the lobe?

The bolts are reusable.
On the tensioner;
Remove center bolt first, take care there is a spring behind it, then remove the other two. Pull the tensioner out.
To reset on assembly;
With the tensioner in hand; there is a small latch to hold the plunger out. Release it and press's plunger in.
Insert tensioner into the jug, install the two bolts that hold the tensioner in, then insert spring and spring bolt. Done

probably wouldn't hurt to put a new cam chain on if the tensioner indicated such.

Seems whoever put this engine back together never noticed the bearing race on the end of the cam wasnt there anymore. I cant beleive this thing ran and ran good it just made noise and it didnt destroy the head. Ill post some pics.

20131112_180722.jpg

Bearing on new cam

Hi man can you give me the number on that bearing? To see if i can source it at work other than the yamaha dealer.
thanks

Not sure on the number. If you goto yamaha-partspitstop.com they have parts explosions. Honestlt it was onky a few bucks get oem.

Latest posts

Back