Cam question?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I just pulled the cam on the 02 to see if she was a s1hc but was disappointed to find a stock cam but on the good note I'm glad I did it cause the cam bearing was getting a lot of slop in it and the cam was in rough shape so thankfully I have a complete other head with new cam and bearing from the original motor so I pulled that cam and bearing and threw it in and now she doesn't tick as bad sure glad I caught it before it failed like JonS
just one question the cam bearing is only supposed to have a seal on the outside right? the inside towards the rockers is open to expose the ball bearings to the motor oil right??

my new oem bearing only has one seal. and glad you caught that sloppy bearing before it went out on you 3 miles in the woods. like mine lol

also, my hotcam is laying to the side right now so i can check it to see what it says if anyone needs the info.

my new oem bearing only has one seal. and glad you caught that sloppy bearing before it went out on you 3 miles in the woods. like mine lol

also, my hotcam is laying to the side right now so i can check it to see what it says if anyone needs the info.
I'm just lucky she didn't give out on Saturday when we rode over 180 miles lol

and that would be nice Jon if you could post a pic of your s1hc so we can see what is stamped on it

wierd thing the cam from the 92 motor in my 02 has the number 2 stamped on it along with the 1UY and the cam from the head off the original 02 motor has the number 4 stamped on it along with 1UY

2012-09-04154353-1.jpg
2012-09-04154404.jpg

Last edited:
^ the cam I pulled out of the 96 said something like 25x10 with a couple other numbers but it didn't say 1uy or whatever a stock one says

This hotcam has no indication of what stage it is. No need for pics, it only says hotcam.

So why would the one cam out of the 92 motor have a 2 stamped on it and the cam out of the 02 head has a 4 stamped on it ???

It is probably the bin it came from, or maybe the plant it was mfgd at. That could be a megacycle MS. If you have a stocker you can compare it too do it.

MegaCycle say megacycle cams on it, along with whether its a 252x1 or 252x2. After that is what I believe is the manufacture date, mine being 07-06

2012-09-04_23-28-37_479.jpg

MegaCycle say megacycle cams on it, along with whether its a 252x1 or 252x2. After that is what I believe is the manufacture date, mine being 07-06

2012-09-04_23-28-37_479.jpg

The one that I have says 252x1 2-97 so I think its an old megacycle cam maybe and I was reading and the head i have has been modified. I don't know aboits the rocker arms I'm teating into the 02 now to see but if the head off the 96 is built I'm running it!

well here is my dilemma with it and maybe you guys can help me with it. if you look close at the head pic you can see that someone was in there and did some modding to allow for clearance on the exhaust lobe? and i dont know if it has the hardened springs and rocker arms it needs?

Last edited:
When I looked up that cam Levi. it said there would need to be some modifycation for it to work in the warrior head

When I looked up that cam Levi. it said there would need to be some modifycation for it to work in the warrior head

Ya I got that thank you that helped a lot! And someone has already been in there and done it but I don't know if the valve springs and rockers have been upgraded or not

Back