Cam question?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
If I wanted to check and see if my motor has a s1hc or some other aftermarket cam in it do I have to remove the cam to see the stamping that signifies what kind of cam it is?

nice avator:tup: i have no idea bout ur ? thou, just woke up lol and it caught me:haha:

my avator coolest.......beastly says so anyway:evilface:.......:laughup:.......i think was beast:???:

Last edited:
what exactly will be stamped on it if a hot cam?
and what does a stock one say on it?

Stock cam says 1UY. I remember the hotcam having hotcam stamped on it, but don't remember is it had 1 or 2 on there as well. I'd assume it does so it can be id'd. The part number might be stamped under hotcam.

Okay cool thanks! what's a good mild cam to run for the trails and not have to do a bunch of other stuff to my motor? I have heard so many different cams and everyone has their opinion about them I just want a decent mild cam for some good bottom to mid power.

Yeah get the s1hc. I have zero complaints. Been in my bike since March(ish) and just got done with my 2nd Hatfield trip. It has an easy 700 hard miles on it. I like it,
'00 likes it, weston likes it, a few others like it. The only other cam that would give what you want would be the web .390 but it needs atleast hd springs, and hardweld rockers are reccomended. The s1hc is nearly identical to the web but the ramp is fatter so you can use the stock springs.

Yeah get the s1hc. I have zero complaints. Been in my bike since March(ish) and just got done with my 2nd Hatfield trip. It has an easy 700 hard miles on it. I like it,
'00 likes it, weston likes it, a few others like it. The only other cam that would give what you want would be the web .390 but it needs atleast hd springs, and hardweld rockers are reccomended. The s1hc is nearly identical to the web but the ramp is fatter so you can use the stock springs.

Cool thanks guys that may be one of my next investments.... They are not all that hard to change out are they? Sorry for jacking your thread hauler!

Changing the cam is easy. You will need to press your old outer cam bearing off the stock cam and press it onto the hotcam. Or, get a new bearing and press it on, which is what I always do. Just make sure to shove rags in the opening the timing chain goes through. That way none of the cam retainer hardware (specifivaly the two 10mm bolts) don't fall into the bottom end. And make sure the piston is at TDC.

Changing the cam is easy. You will need to press your old outer cam bearing off the stock cam and press it onto the hotcam. Or, get a new bearing and press it on, which is what I always do. Just make sure to shove rags in the opening the timing chain goes through. That way none of the cam retainer hardware (specifivaly the two 10mm bolts) don't fall into the bottom end. And make sure the piston is at TDC.

I'll just buy a new bearing. Sounds easy

Yeah new is always better. And no, I didn't have to rejet. Not for this cam anyway. We will see what happens with the port work and megacycle on the stroker.

Latest posts

Back