Building and selling Extended A - ARMS !

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to prove anybody wrong but I built new shock mounts and welded them to my stock A-Arms . Thats how I got my front end so low . If the manufacture can weld that THIN metal than so can you . I dont recomend extending the stock ones, youd have to cut every weld on it ,add metal and refigure all your angles again. As for the swinger , YES it can be extended. You need to cut it evenly and add exactly the same lengths of metal to both sides , then reinforce it for added strength. If you cut it behind the shock mount you wont have to relocate the mount.You will notice a lower ride hight in the rear due to more leverage on the shock, kinda like a breaker bar effect.

Getting it all lined up straight would not be a problem on the a arms. But is the metal really so thin that it cant be welded?

Oh.. so just keeping the same shock angle but making the a arms longer wont work? Because im running wheel spacers.

Ok so if the problem is not the geometry the thin metal or getting them lined up right what would the problem be?

no look at it this way you have a triangle and lets say the height is 12", so the two lower angles called x degrees. if you make the height 14" the two lower angles are going to have to be greater than x, causing you to change the upper angle also. which at this time all youll have is useless pieces. if you just weld in straight tubing youll end up making a pentagon which will look and function horribly.
sorry tried to explain it simply

OH MY GOD ! Gimmie a beer and sume peanuts this is funny.

BeastlyWarrior228 said:
sorry tried to break it down for tyler
spacers as you know just add on to the end, not messing with any angles

I know i would just add the extra length in the middle of the a arms or down at the end be the tire not up at where the a arms actually mount to the frame.

LISTEN ! If you add any length to the tubes , the frame mounts will be wider. Put 3 pencils on a table , in the shape of a triangle. same length of course . Then try to use 2 longer ones and keep the same angles. EVERY point that meets another will change slightly. I PROMISE YOU

Back