Building and selling Extended A - ARMS !

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hecker1 said:
any updates? ;D
Still happening . Basicly I have a LOT of things to sort out . My freakin head's gonna explode trying to get a hold of parts supliers. My final prices on these WILL be lower than others but I'm not sure exactly how much yet . On the bright side , if you were to buy OEM parts - a - arms , tie rods , and bushings , you'd have approx. $1400 total. I can build these out of any metal but remember this , chromoly is Very expensive. I will offer it as an option but the customer will be paying for it. I guess its all in what you want , and what you have to spend .

Still getting a hold of supliers for hardware , nagotiating bulk prices . Most companies that sell the hardware also sell the arms . So if I buy parts in bulk Im also competition to them .

When spring break is over i am taking my warrior to my shop class at school and we are going to extend the a arms 3 inches.

i think ill go for some too i have been looking because my shocks are getting bad and i want a wider front end...im down for a set

missouritrailrider said:
you cant just extend them, it has to keep same geometry ect

I was going to put different shock mounts on them. Will that not work?

wont work. to weld that thin you'd have to have a tig welder. and on to of that the chances of getting everything perfect as it should be is slim to none.
i'd just save and buy a good used set of after markets

Hate to hijack this thread but it's somewhat on topic... is it safe for me to cut apart the swing arm and extend it 6"?

zraffz said:
Hate to hijack this thread but it's somewhat on topic... is it safe for me to cut apart the swing arm and extend it 6"?

Ya i was wondering the same except only 3-4 inches.

Yupp, go for it. Its pretty cut and dry. Keep the mount the same and extend in between the back of the mount and the front of the chain slider mounts. Gunna probably have to hack together two chains to fit. Your rear shock is gunna sag a bit too.

Back