bogging

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the other thing dynajet says. Actually it says to check for an air leak first. If I am not getting any stumble at full throttle with my setup, do you think I need to f with the main jet. Could I be leaving power on the table and just not knowing it? I noticed a considerable gain when I put on the K&N and took off the lid and haven't noticed any other problems other than that bogging when I stab it.

That's the other thing dynajet says. Actually it says to check for an air leak first. If I am not getting any stumble at full throttle with my setup, do you think I need to f with the main jet. Could I be leaving power on the table and just not knowing it? I noticed a considerable gain when I put on the K&N and took off the lid and haven't noticed any other problems other than that bogging when I stab it.

There is big power lost or gained in jetting. It doesn't hurt to try a larger size or go one size smaller... you should be able to tell the difference if the engine likes it or not. Also you can check the plug and look for light gray or lighter brown in color.
The studder happens at WOT and when the RPM is high. If you ever get board and don't see what I'm talking about jet it really rich and see what happens. It won't hurt anything and then you can step down in sizes until it goes away.

Yeah make sure the accel pump is working as I know this was a problem with the carbs. simple fix though. Make sure it's squirting when you give it the throttle.

Back