bogging

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dte825

Reaction score
I've read through literaly 30 or 40 threads and can't find an answer. When I stab the throttle right from idle the engine bogs down. It makes it a bitch when your trying to do low speed 1st gear wheelies. I have to slowly roll into it up to about 1/4 throttle then mash it and it does fine. How do I fix this. Is it a jetting issue? I have a pro-flow K&N and no air box lid. I'm sure I need to re-jet (stock jetting right now), but I don't know if this particular problem is a jetting one. If it is would it be pilot. Something tells me it's not because it idles fine. Not sure how I could be rich anyway since I've opened up the airbox. Maybe the yahoo who used to own it monkeyed around with it. I haven't taken the time to mess with the screw or anything yet so maybe I'm prematurely posting this question. I'll get off my ass and try to figure it out myself while I wait for your all's input ;)

Do you have the parking brake still? If so buy a block off plate as the parking brake on the warrior is junk and should be by-passed ASAP.

to lean boys. Make sure the accel pump is shooting fuel and sounds like it is lean on the pilot jet as with most likely the main as well, when you take the air box lid off it effects jetting big time.

Cool. Thanks man. I got the jet kit and will give it a whirl. As many threads as I've read about jetting today I should be a pro already.

i donno because on deacceleration mine pops and theres black soot so makes me think its getting to much gas.

i donno because on deacceleration mine pops and theres black soot so makes me think its getting to much gas.

if it pop's when you slowing down and you have the throttle back all the way off (your on the pilot circuit) then your are FOR SURE lean.

Cool. Thanks man. I got the jet kit and will give it a whirl. As many threads as I've read about jetting today I should be a pro already.

Honestly for me it was just start rich and work lean. I've found that works best for the main. Start with the pilot then main and then you shouldn't have to adjust the needle because the main effects the needle and usally they have that set really well at the factory.

then whys there a **** ton of black soot? any my dyno jet trouble shooter told me i was rich also.

Well, dude you could be rich on the main and lean on the pilot which if it's a dynojet kit I sure that's the case.

no problem. Your maybe just a couple off on the main(go leaner) and a half a turn out on the fuel screw.

basically just back out the fuel screw until that poping on decl. goes away. If your more then 3 1/2 turns out go one size bigger pilot jet. Also when it's cold does it pop back through the carb at around 1/4 throttle?
Does it sputter on the very top end with the throttle full?

I'm looking at the Dynajet trouble shooter and it says that if your b-firing on decel, back out the screw.

so you know your close on the pilot. Just another half turn or less on the fuel screw and that will be perfect. You also see that your throttle response down low will be better.
As for the main.. Like I said before. Start rich so it will sputter on the very top end. The richer you go the more it will sputter and not want to rev as high. The leaner you go the oppsite of that. I've found that once the sputtering cleans up I like to stop there because I've found that the warrior's engine likes to be a little on the rich side to make the most power. I think this is because it's air cooled and the richer mixture helps cool the cylinder.

Back