boaring a carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
47.5 for the pilot and 150 fo rthe main with the needle on the 4th clip down,i think i did it worng but i got it tuned in now, but i boared it all the way back to the slide, if i woulda stayed up more i woulda been safe

If you're still 5 turns out you need to go up on pilot jet size. If the plug is still black move the needle to the 3rd clip 1st then if it's still rich go down one jet size. Be sure that you haven't just idled it around & then checked the plug. You should run the piss out of it, be sure that the plug is cleared & shut it down quick after a hard run. Then you check the plug.

it was black at idle cuz i hung and i wanted to see if it was lean or not i rode it around yesterday night around midnight and everything seems to be running awsome ill have to bolt my tank down and my hood be for i go to dinner, happy thanks giving

well i got in to it a little more today rode it around and idle and quarter and the plug was white,47.5 pilot 3.5 turns out on the air screw and we event cleaned it like 5 times the 3 little holes in the pilot circuit are letting air and dripping liquid , what next

A 55 would be like 3 sizes over what you have now, that's huge on the pilot man. I can't imagine you'd need to go any larger than a 52.5. Start with a 50 on the pilot & try one size up on the main. I'm not sure eactly what you're trying to do with the plug chop but you can't judge the idle off the plug man, best way to do judge the pilot circuit is from the amount of turns out & throttle response off idle. If the plug is still white then the main circuit is too lean, you can try moving the needle for free or just bump the main jet size. If it's white then you may need more than one size up guy, a white, white plug is pretty lean bud.

Back