boaring a carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buzzy and I have been talking a but about carbs. I have a project going on now with mine. I'm bumping the jet sizes up, polishing the outside, and I am "porting" the inside. I am taking a diamond bit to the intake side, where it is big, and making it bigger. And I am using a wire wheel on a Dremel to the smooth side. Also going to polish the whole inside too, and like Duner said, sharpen the butterfly. Here is some pics of the side of the carb... This is just after a rough cut on the buffer, haven't done a fine cut yet.
photo-6.jpg

i kind sharpened the butterfly but i was thinking that i dnt think my carb matches up perfectly with the boot. so i want to inda bore it out a little to like a 37, or at least match it to the boot

Ultimately the bore size is what it is. You can clean up any mismatch to the intake if there are any, maybe try to sharpen the edge of the butterfly to a degree & properly texture the exit side. It'll still only flow so much. A bigger carb is the answer.

yeah but i have no more money so i was thinking a little bit of a bore and smoothing and roughing the last intake part befor the boot

Hopefully, I can get a CNC in like 5 years. Make some custom carbs for you ladies...

Yeah lol. The one we got is for plastic and wood. Need to get one to make some billet parts...

yeah, i did it! it acctually turned out nice, but i think my pilot got clogged. itll hang ant a certan rpm then snop and pop and turn off but if i keep it out of the idle circut it is a pretty good improvement

tiny specs of metal and the venchury not being perfect my carb is the same way i got to do more tweeking on it but if you do a power now tpe mod to it smooths it a bit

that is a good point drw, il have to take my carb off agian after skool and take the pilot off and the main and blow it out with air a little bit more

Back