banshee or 250r

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayt926

Reaction score
i know this will start a war but i have always wanted a two smoker quad and have been looking into buying one, whats you guys input on the two just trail riding and a little mx

Blasters are great, cheap to upgrade, and fast machines too. Banshees are great too but are stupid fast and cost **** tons to fix and upgrade the engine. I know nothing about 250rs though.

^ no banshes dont cost a ton of money to fix, there parts are the only mass produced product be cause everyone and there brother owns one, the trx 250r very awesome motor great quick bike if built right best frame geometry for mx and trail, lots of upgrades and cylinders cane be built other parts are slowly being hard to find but getting produced also, if you wanna be a man go get an HRD 540 zilla but then again you wont have the mx ability, lt 250r (mini zilla) great bike powervalved cylinder can build one nice mx bike handels great on the trails can be very fast but again like the old smokers engine components are getting hard to fing but also being made.

two stroke sport quads arent great for trail riding due to how rev happy they are, but to each their own. in my opinion if your gonna choose from the three i would go for the banshee. they make great power out of the box and with the basic silencer,filter,boost bottle, and jet upgrade they're pretty impressive. my old banshee had all listed plus wiseco .20 over pistons, cool head and mild porting and it made 67 whp, but at the same time all i could do is spin the tires on trails and it was totally pointless in the mud but let it get traction and holy ****!!!

^ no banshes dont cost a ton of money to fix, there parts are the only mass produced product be cause everyone and there brother owns one, the trx 250r very awesome motor great quick bike if built right best frame geometry for mx and trail, lots of upgrades and cylinders cane be built other parts are slowly being hard to find but getting produced also, if you wanna be a man go get an HRD 540 zilla but then again you wont have the mx ability, lt 250r (mini zilla) great bike powervalved cylinder can build one nice mx bike handels great on the trails can be very fast but again like the old smokers engine components are getting hard to fing but also being made.

When a rebuild comes round ya have to but two of everything. So yeah.

i didnt mean to bash any quads, the suspension of the 250r is great and handles the same, what i was meaning to do was compare trail riding a four stroke in comparison to a two stroke. ex. four stroke you can ease into the power and has torque down low and two strokes you gotta rev a lil for power and the power band can hit like a light switch. but cc for cc two strokes make more power. pros and cons. like i said didnt mean to bash

ive been talking to a guy about a 250r realy nice quad, im realy looking for more of a mx quad i have the warrior for trails

i didnt mean to bash any quads, the suspension of the 250r is great and handles the same, what i was meaning to do was compare trail riding a four stroke in comparison to a two stroke. ex. four stroke you can ease into the power and has torque down low and two strokes you gotta rev a lil for power and the power band can hit like a light switch. but cc for cc two strokes make more power. pros and cons. like i said didnt mean to bash

All depends on the setup they can easily be torquey if you want

250R if you like to MX and ride tight trails. Like already said, the frame was the best of that era.. they're comparable to today's modern 4-stroke sport quad frames.

Banshee if can do al that too, but not as competitively, or as easy. It's more suited to fast, wide-open fire roads and trails, or duning.

You can't go wrong with either, just depends on what type of riding you do more of.

And no, Banshees are not costly to maintain at all.. mine has actually been the most reliable quad I've ever owned, surprisingly. And parts are pretty cheap and plentiful.

250R man. Can't beat em. You really can't go wrong with the R or SHEE. But, for trails and such, the R gets the nod IMO. Great bikes the both of them. But, the SHEE has always felt more at home in the dunes and drags then it has on the track or trail. The R can pretty much do em all. And, guys have been doing 250R engine swaps into the 400ex and 450r for a long while now. Pretty bolt in stuff. Dirtwheels just did a 350cc big bore build on an R a couple months back. Sweet read. Even though some parts MAY be getting hard to find for the old girl, most all Honda parts from their other sport bikes were the same. Something can be made to work if necessary.

my atc 250r was a blast but sketchy as hell but if it was the quad i would have kept it great motor and no alex banshees cost just as much or less to rebuild the top end then our warriors do

well i am going to pick up the 250r in the am. like i said i am realy after a mx quad. if i lived near some dunes it my have been a shee but i will post some pics tomorow thanks for all the input guys

Cool dude! Either way I would have ben syked for ya! Pics? Me want to see. I wish I didn't need the money for the warrior a year ago. Then I would have kept the 81 atc250r I picked up a few months prior.

I've had my banshee for almost a year now, and all I ride are woods and mountain trails with it, I've been on sandbars a couple of times, but I don't really care for it that much. Sand is fun for about 30 minutes. The banshee handles pretty good, you may run into problems if you barrel down trails at 70 mph, but you'll have the same problems on the 250r also, as in not being able to stop. lol The 250r is more balanced and the banshee is nose heavy, which to me is better if you do hill climbs or play in the mountains more.

Latest posts

Back