Anyone ever dislocate your shoulder ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorguy5

Reaction score
yesterday i dislocated my shoulder pretty bad in hockey went to the hospital and got it popped in that felt nice! on some painkillers now but just wondering if anyone has done the same and whats the recovery time? i go to an orthopedic on Tuesday to check up and might need a cat scan to see if any muscles were damaged . no ridding for me for a Lil wile.

Yep, did that. was out riding amonth ago and made some really bad decisions, and ended up with a dislocated shoulder. First week was just rest with a sling on. Weeks two and three were some really light stretching exercises. weeks four and five have been stretching with some strength building through therapy. Thats where I am now, but once you start stretching it and getting some movement, it starts to recover fast. I'm an old guy, so I might not heal as fast as some youngster, but I'm feeling about 60% now. Have to remember to take it slow -- every thing that holds your shoulder in place has been stretched out of place. You'll know what you can and can't do, because you either will, or will not be able to do things, just that simple. I think i should be riding again in a couple more weeks if the wife lets me. Hope you get well soon, do what the docs tell you , and let me know how you do.

Meathead thanks for the info. as soon as it was poped back in it was a huge pain relief. todays day too and luckly im on spring break now so i have a week of rest. this morning it was very sore and was hurting but though out the day the pain was not as bad i can already move my shoulder up and down like shoulder lifts i don't want to do anymore or anything else untill doc gives me the ok. I guess now its just down time to let it heal and hope for the best that no muscels were damaged and get a speedy recovery.

Take it easy and do your therapy.Mine got so bad it would pop out while rolling over in bed.Surgery fixed it,but you want to avoid that.

Doctor said to go back to work next week. If I can work, i can play! Looks like I'll be trails only for a while though. How's that shoulder?

haven't hurt my sholder yet but about 6 months ago I dislocated my hip. 6 weeks of no walking on it and a weird brace thing and I'm almost 100 percent. still cant move certain ways but I can ride again and thats good enough.

Went to the orthopedic tuesday meathead, he would like to see me keep the brace/sling on for a month to try to build up hard scare tissue arounf the joint so it harder for it to pop out again, and then after a month he will give me some exercises to regain my strengh. I dont think i will hitting the trails till june going to take this one easy snd doo my best to make sure this dosnt happen again. thats good that you can go back to work and play ahahah how long has it been for you ? ^ and the hip thing thats gotta suck big i cant even think about if that happened to me.

Wow, Trailwarrior, you must have really blown your shoulder up. My doc told me to get rid of the sling after about a week. Best that you do what they tell you...relax and enjoy. By the way that dislocated hip thing, OUCH! Don't even want to know what that felt like. Six weeks so far. Looks like at least three more before I'll have a chance to go ride. Should be almost normal by then

I will post pictures of my X-Rays tomorrow, My bone that goes in the shoulder joint (i forgot the name) was resting in my armpit and my arm was dangling it was pritty nasty. Ogener how'd you bust you hip up?

wait why did this get moved into battle scars i wasnt quading when it happened? just noticed that . i could have atleast came up with cool story of how it could have been quading ahhahaha

I dislocated my hip while riding, I came up behind my buddy who was going slower than I thought he was, went to go around him and the next thing I knew I was in the ditch with alot of hip pain.

My buddy John basically tore his arm off. He hit a jump with the throttle stuck open. he let go in the air and hit the ground running, but couldn't run fast enough. his shoulder drove into the ground hard. All the muscles and ligaments had to be surgicaly repaired. It took about a year to heal, but he's still racing today.

do yourself a favor... listen to every little thing the doctor says. ive had so many injuries from all the sports ive done and never once listened to the doctor and im paying for it now. everything ive broken or injured hurts everyday.

Latest posts

Back