Any Truck pullers on here

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the cummins is literally a miniature road tractor engine inline is where it is! i'm always proffered a inline 6 unless it was going in a hotrod

Ill stick by my cummins for as long as the body holds up after it goes to crap Ill yank the motor and pair it with an Allison in my silverado

hunesu4u.jpg

Power house

Only credit I can give you is your mirrors are down and you dont have a 55 gallon drum stack!!!! LOL

Obviosly this is from a while back, but how many of you have even attempted a 500 gallon water tank that weighs roughly 4000lbs in the bed!!! Barely even squatted the truck!!! And pulled the hills home like a champ. Did it agian this year, but with the chip in the tow tune, even better!!

Ill give you credit for your efforts lol but ill get a pic of my mini semi doing what it does best lol

pff i had 2500 pounds of scrap on the toyoter with it's 90hp beast of a 20r and she done great! lmao it was a funny sight since it's a 1/2 ton truck on 33 year old springs but she pulled it pretty damn good to be turning 31's on a truck designed for 205's

I put a pallet of steel in the back of my 1 ton with no problems with suspension squat but the tires weren't rated for it and so I did about 45 mph from the steel yard to my house 25miles away

The real pride of my cummins is when I set a triple axle 44 foot toy hauler on the goose neck and pass people going through the mountains to show low every year

Welp I did it!!! Took 2nd place with 180' in the stock diesel plus class. Would have had first had I known that the truck that beat me should have been in the Hot Diesel class, built 6.0 powerstroke. I actually ended up having to pull a couple things out of the truck to make the 8000lb weight limit. I was also the only one that didnt add any weight and didnt block my rear suspension, I just rolled in off the street. Only thing that may have helped would have been to air down the tires a little for the side bite. Might start doing it more often next year when Ill have something as back up for DD if something were to break. 3rd was a cummins and 4th was a 7.3(couldnt get his front hubs to engage). All in all a good fun day!!

Thank you! I do think the tuning is what made the difference. Most of the young guys (cummins guy and other 7.3 guy) around here think that places like banks and edge are the **** for tunes. The one size fits all pcm codes tuners like that leave alot of power on the table yet. My chip is from Swamps Diesel Performance and the tunes are optimized for the family of pmt1 pcm codes.

Funny thing is my brother was disappointed, he figured Id be blowing black the whole way!! Nope as soon as the sled started to move it cleaned right up, so I was using all the fuel being injected!!! I do want to get a boost fooler though, at about mid 20's psi the pcm will start defueling to prevent overboost. Stock turbo for a 7.3 with a stock wheel can handle up to about 30psi, before drive pressures get to out of wack. I may have created a monster!!! LOL

I've heard that before but was unsure as to how good the guy new his facts as for your tune that's intense and it sounds as though you have it dialed to an art I'm still working with my 5.9 trying to optimize it for power when necissary and economy when it's being driven daily through town but I really am impressed with your competitiveness straight off the street

Swamps has been tuning since almost the beginning of diesel performance. They know their ****!!! I pulled using the extreme race tune, which is usually calculated for most trucks at an extra 140 crank hp. At the time I got the chip I had no idea Id decide to pull, hence why I dont have a sled pulling tune. Other than the chip all I have done to my truck is a afe stage 1 setup, obviously straight piped, and had some mods done to the trans when I toasted 1st gear 2 years ago. Which all that was done to the trans was a rebuild, that ended up adding a clutch to each pack and a Transgo Tugger kit. Trans has me really impressed for the few mods it has.

Ironically though on performance and economy I get the best of both with the extreme tune as long as Im not hot rodding all the time. That took me a couple of weeks to get that out of my system!!LOL Once I didnt floor it all the time, my fuel economy went way up from what it was and still have plenty of power on tap to get my 8000lb truck moving! Eventually thru working for dealerships getting to know all the engines Id like to get into the diesel performance side of things. Lots of money to be made there!

That there is my cousin is a very high up diesel builder and tuner here and he makes bank ha ha deff got some pull power on your rig I just did Kevlar clutches and a mod valve body to increase tow capability have yet to get into any real mods wanna do 6" pipe and monster force intake system once I get money together I'll hopefully get her going I think the pulls would be a blast

Thanks Ed! I do love the sound of the stacks though!!! The vid is actually the first time Ive heard them not being in the truck

Back