Any Truck pullers on here

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998yamahawarrior

Reaction score
Finally sitting good enough bill caught up wisw and trucks in good running shape, so Im planning on putting my truck in a local truck pull!! I guess since we have quite a few newbs some background on the truck would help. Well performance wise, Ive got an AFE stage 1 intake, straight piped exhaust, swamps diesel performance 6 position chip, trans has had some upgrades like clutch packs, fluid pump upgraded, transgo tugger kit.

Last time I was on a scale with my truck it weighed in at about 7600 lbs, so for the main class I plan on running I can add about 400 lbs to the front. Hitch height is as close to max as Im worried about going right now since I dont want to have to buy another reciever at about 24". I think I should do decent. May even turn the chip off and loose some weight and enter the stock class!!! Something tells me I may have a new hobby about 2 weeks from now!!!

Heres a pick of how the truck sits now!!

I been known to pull a time or two. make sure your u-joints, drive shafts and rear ends are in TIP TOP (Billet) shape and the turbo is good. We always hooked the 12v's cummins to a tree and spooled up to make sure nothing was going to break. Usually if it survived our tall standing tree test we wouldn't break anything. Good luck!

**Rather be cummin than strokin**

Ya fixing some stuff on the front Ive been putting off, just to make sure I dont look like a chevy!!! LOL Got a loose tie rod end and upper ball joints, so Im just gonna do it all!!! Other than that she should be solid! I actually plan on doing a test kinda like that, Id rather break at home if something is gonna than 30 min away.

Hey man, why you dissing on Chevies..lol. Good luck at the pull Tony. Show us some pics. I love to watch tractor pulls. Never been to a truck pull. Oughtta be fun.

Hey man, why you dissing on Chevies..lol. Good luck at the pull Tony. Show us some pics. I love to watch tractor pulls. Never been to a truck pull. Oughtta be fun.
Got to dis on them!! LOL I bet you can guess what happens when you put a newb behind the wheel with something like a pulling sled behind it... The front tires end up looking at each other!!! LOL

Hopefully Ill have a vid and some pics! Im still working on what I can get away with and still be withing the rules, so before then my truck could look even more like a regular pulling truck!! LOL It'll be fun as long as the truck gets to come home under its own power in one piece!!

Hey man, why you dissing on Chevies..lol.

Well I'm a dodge man and was giving him **** about fords so i guess it is true what they say about **** running down hill. LOL

J/K man good luck Tony

FYI on stock specs the duramax has more torque than the powerjoke or cummins...fun fact of the day.

Ya fixing some stuff on the front Ive been putting off, just to make sure I dont look like a chevy!!! LOL Got a loose tie rod end and upper ball joints, so Im just gonna do it all!!! Other than that she should be solid! I actually plan on doing a test kinda like that, Id rather break at home if something is gonna than 30 min away.
Thats great !!!!!
and ironic, We went to the pulls last week and 4 duramax's ran and only one made full pull the other three blew UV's apart and doped front or rear DS.
The Cummins ran the night EASILY !!!!!

Usually do!! :iagree::iagree::iagree:
A twin turbo 12 valve cummins is a tough chunk of iron!
Anyway, still gotta wish good luck to a yfmer

I been known to pull a time or two. make sure your u-joints, drive shafts and rear ends are in TIP TOP (Billet) shape and the turbo is good. We always hooked the 12v's cummins to a tree and spooled up to make sure nothing was going to break. Usually if it survived our tall standing tree test we wouldn't break anything. Good luck!

**Rather be cummin than strokin**

to be cummin you gotta be strokin... to be strokin you gotta be HARD AS A ROCK! haha love my chevies but them 5.9 cummins are cream of the crop IMO

Well I'm a dodge man and was giving him **** about fords so i guess it is true what they say about **** running down hill. LOL

J/K man good luck Tony

FYI on stock specs the duramax has more torque than the powerjoke or cummins...fun fact of the day.

Nope, the 6.7 Powerstroke as of current production is the highest torque spec at 800 lb ft while the duramax is at 765 lb ft!!!!!

A little back up for me:
Powerstroke
http://www.internationalpowerstroke.com/67psd.html

duramax
http://www.duramaxdieselspecs.com/lml.html

Usually do!! :iagree::iagree::iagree:
A twin turbo 12 valve cummins is a tough chunk of iron!
Anyway, still gotta wish good luck to a yfmer

to be cummin you gotta be strokin... to be strokin you gotta be HARD AS A ROCK! haha love my chevies but them 5.9 cummins are cream of the crop IMO

Problem with the cummins is the shitty shipping box its packaged in!!!! :nanner:

but the 6.7 is a peice of **** lol 7.3 is so much better... but the 6.6 duramax is so much better than that! then the 5.9 is even better lol. diesels are suppose to be inline engines! they're a hell of alot tougher!. and on that note i'm looking at a '97 with a 6.5l turbo v8 ;p with a 5 speed lol

The only problem I have heard with the 6.7 powerstroke so far is some turbo issues. Which being that its a new design in turbos does make it a learning curve. Its actually like 2 turbos in one. I have not heard of any other major issues. That being siad though I still love my 7.3, even more since I chipped it this spring!!

And thats where Im gonna stop, dont want to start another this manufacturer is better than this one agian!!! LOL

I love my 06 5.9l mega cab but then again it's got a lot of upgrades in it not saying its any better then any other diesel but it is an inline powerhouse and it still sounds like a true diesel lol when they started puttin all the bs emissions stuff in them they started sounding more like gas motors I wouldn't buy the new cummins 6.7 not bad motors but to many add ins done to them to have all the flause out

As for the stroker there are still some minor kinks other then just the turbo problem my brothers a tech at ford and working in the diesel line they still see some minor changes to be made

As far as Ford engines, the 6.9 International from the 80's was there best diesel. They were sluggish (non turbo) but ran FOREVER with not many issues other than the occasional injector pump $$$. My dad bought one brand new in 85 IIRC, we quit keeping track of mileage at a million and it hit that in the late 90's, it was one of our work trucks and we still use it at camp for firewood and to pull a 5th wheel up and down a logging trail for hunting season. Only issue ever was an injector pump around 200k and another one around 450k. Other than the I pumps at was all common maintenance.

but the 6.7 is a peice of **** lol 7.3 is so much better... but the 6.6 duramax is so much better than that! then the 5.9 is even better lol. diesels are suppose to be inline engines! they're a hell of alot tougher!. and on that note i'm looking at a '97 with a 6.5l turbo v8 ;p with a 5 speed lol
The 6.5 Detroit is actually a good motor if you know the mods that need to be done to keep it running... They are a good work truck motor. But they are lacking big time in the power department compared to the 12v cummins, or international 7.3.

Back