another one bites the dust

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what ya mean the z aint that fast, ever race one, death, yamaharider, the yfz's hual ass, but stock for stock, is it really THAT much faster then the z?

Race one, you'll see just how quick they are, im not really trying to defend the quad i own , because i know the yfz is faster, but for 50cc's less, it keeps up mighty good.

exactly...50cc's dont make the difference its the gearing the warrior/rappys are just about even W/ the 400ex

and the z400 is just about even W/ yfz450

I just want to have some more power. I don't need to go with the 660/700, that is going to be way to much power for the woods in my opinion. I have ridden 400ex's and z400 before and they're plenty powerful for me.

what ya mean the z aint that fast, ever race one, death, yamaharider, the yfz's hual ass, but stock for stock, is it really THAT much faster then the z?

Race one, you'll see just how quick they are, im not really trying to defend the quad i own , because i know the yfz is faster, but for 50cc's less, it keeps up mighty good.

I already beat a z400 in a drag race across a field, he was a little quicker off the line but I made up the distance real quick. So I wasn't impressed, and he was kinda pissed that he got beat by "just a warrior"

[quote:l716gail]what ya mean the z aint that fast, ever race one, death, yamaharider, the yfz's hual ass, but stock for stock, is it really THAT much faster then the z?

I already beat a z400 in a drag race across a field, he was a little quicker off the line but I made up the distance real quick. So I wasn't impressed, and he was kinda pissed that he got beat by "just a warrior"[/quote:l716gail]
what engine mods do you have?
and how experienced is that rider?

[quote:28b3kde0]I don't know why everyone thinks z400s are so fast - they're not!

If you want a faster trail bike the raptor 660/700 is the best way to go in my opinion.

for example: i can wheely and 12 a 400 ex, but not a warrior due to the 6 speed and the short gears[/quote:28b3kde0]

Who said they couldnt 12 a warrior?????? stop by for some lessons

[quote:acpmoz7j]

I already beat a z400 in a drag race across a field, he was a little quicker off the line but I made up the distance real quick. So I wasn't impressed, and he was kinda pissed that he got beat by "just a warrior"
what engine mods do you have?
and how experienced is that rider?[/quote:acpmoz7j]

Mods are Edelbrock, ported head, high compression piston, hmf, uni with no lid, and some pretty high gearing. He's had his z for about 2 years so he has about as much experience as me in sport riding, he had a better start than me and I still reeled him in. Because they're light and the way they are geared they feel faster than they really are , I rode his before I raced him and I honestly went into the race expecting to lose because it felt faster than my warrior.

[quote:vug4s53y]

for example: i can wheely and 12 a 400 ex, but not a warrior due to the 6 speed and the short gears

Who said they couldnt 12 a warrior?????? stop by for some lessons[/quote:vug4s53y]

yeah, thats what ill do...drive (in the truck i dont have) all the way to new jersey (which i have no clue where that is)

if you want something with more power, just put money into your warrior. the cam and piston kit really puts some kick in it. i beat a piped, jetted, and filtered z400 the other day. they really arent that fast. and yeah, raptor 660s will fit on trails. down here at chadwick, ive seen 660s goin through the trails and some of them are just wide enough to fit a quad between the trees. oh, and it seems like the zuki's like high revs. at least thats what ive heard.

What cam and pistons are the best? I'm just gonna upgrade the warrior instead of getting a new quad.

The warriors are still good quads. I love the low end torque,from what I read thats something the Z400 lacks. Yes they are both great quad in there own right. The warrior just been around a long time and thats a good thing IMO but the Z400 is newer so people think it better.Its just a matter of opinion. Put the $2500 in your warrior and back in your pocket.After you smoke a Z400 in the woods the smile will be worth every penny. The old dogs can still bite!! ;D

yeah seriously, $2500 will make a freakin sweet warrior. i put wiseco piston and hotcam in mine and its great. ive heard of people using the web cams as well, but i dont know if they are that much better. i would recommend the wiseco piston and hotcams cam. also, get some good six ply tires if you are riding trails. better puncture resistance and hook up better. didnt know if you still have the stockers or not. i got my starter clutch fixed and the piston, cam, exhaust, tires, and new twist throttle (replace screwed up throttle tube) and it cost me about $1700 after labor. not a bad deal imo.

The warriors are still good quads. I love the low end torque,from what I read thats something the Z400 lacks. Yes they are both great quad in there own right. The warrior just been around a long time and thats a good thing IMO but the Z400 is newer so people think it better.Its just a matter of opinion. Put the $2500 in your warrior and back in your pocket.After you smoke a Z400 in the woods the smile will be worth every penny. The old dogs can still bite!! ;D

what the hell!!!!!
who the heck told you this, its the complete oppisite!!!!!!

Here check this thread out on cams, and pistons. http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=reviews&action=display&thread=1136342502&page=1#1136595778
Ok well other than that, I have a wiseco piston, and a megacycles cam. So far I've only been able to get it into the bottom end of 4th in the woods I ride in :(. But I can say that over the almost stock warrior I tried at a dealer near me, mine has quite a bit more oomph. I think that if you were to go with a cam, piston, cdi, tires if you don't have em. For your bumper and nerfs if you don't have em, check out alba, cheap nice lookin bumper, and 89.99 for their nerfs
http://alba.buyol.com/Dir/27W63WMTMFVS3LM2.htm
~Bill

I just want to have some more power. I don't need to go with the 660/700, that is going to be way to much power for the woods in my opinion. I have ridden 400ex's and z400 before and they're plenty powerful for me.

There is never enough power....

Back